Making My Mod Less Exploitable

I thought we weren't in to dictating to mod authors the best ways to spend their modding time...

Not dictating at all. Just informing him what I view as the general sentiment....... his conditions on the use of his mod would not prompt me to download and play it.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT: I am going to ignore every comment from someone who obviously didn't read a single thing, or answer any more questions about anything I've already said over and over. Edited by Ranokoa

I don't get what you're asking though. You can't stop cheating, you can't stop people editing your mod in the CS, you can't disable the console. I get why you'd want to try to stop this but the fact is that you can't, so it's simply wasting time.

Welsh, trust me, you have not read it all. Your questions make it very very very obvious.

Let me put it this way: The answer is said several times throughout this topic.

Edited by Ranokoa

To quote you:

"I am asking for methods that deter cheaters, add extra steps and road-blocks to make it harder to exploit."

There aren't any methods to deter cheaters. That's what I'm saying, it's impossible.

Read post # 69, 54, 22, 28 and the OP.

Also, you can disable the console command, or make it do something entirely different. I've already stated my intention for the console command, and I've already said that I can't make it impossible to cheat, or even hard, just "harder".

Also, google definition:

Deter

1. Discourage (someone) from doing something, typically by instilling doubt or fear of the consequences.1

Edited by Ranokoa

But you're still wasting time and effort. If someone is that desperate to fake a highscore then they will do anything to get there. Using TES4Edit it's so easy to see exactly what the mod does, and how it does it. No matter how complicated you try to make scripts, or use wild edits to distract attention away, your esp file is basically a huge list to everyone of what changes you're making to the game. If someone wants to cheat, no amount of deception will stop them, and you just end up wasting time and potentially breaking your mod.