Dissapointed?

Fatalmasterpiece

The Creation Engine is promising, and surely a step up from Gamebryo...too bad the AI has many of those same quirks regardless. I guess I place a lot of faith in the modders to do what they can.

It is a modified gamebryo with a new name. Doesn't seem to be anything special to me.

I think it is and isn't.

apparently they have a new renderer and the animation engine is new, Their game engines where always their own, so there isn't a whole lot left that can be out of the gamebryo package, They seem to be updating their Nif library with new node definitions though, I have always suspected they had bought a perpetual license, so it would make sense they do have access to that kind of thing, they had written their own shaders since F3, bits and pieces of gamebryo dotted around me thinks. Bar the Scene graph, I don't know what else there is left.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Creation Engine is promising, and surely a step up from Gamebryo...too bad the AI has many of those same quirks regardless. I guess I place a lot of faith in the modders to do what they can.

It is a modified gamebryo with a new name. Doesn't seem to be anything special to me.

arraggh. all of u, just shut up, seriously.

its been a while since i read so much whining in one forum thread.

the dungeons has too much light?!

the shader is too simple?!

he didnt said something like "who is there?" ?!

SERIOUSLY?!! wow. shut up.

Seriously? We are addressing some of the issues with the game, and discussing them. How about you shut up and let us civilly discuss what we think is going wrong with the game.

This is the problem, there is always something wrong - nothing is perfect, deal with it.

ur type will find something wrong in ANY given game. so yeah. shut up.

*wonders where the mods are with this person interrupting a civil discussion with yelling at us to 'shut up!'*

If you don't like the thread, feel free to graciously bow out. No one forces you to read it. This is nothing compared to what goes on over on RPGCodex: this is pretty damn civil and contains no elitist gamer bs. :D

I agree with every thing that was said in the OP but I didn't make the game the most modding I have done is some retextures of some weapons I never used horses cause I just didn't like them I only play in 1st person so I couldn't give 2 craps about what the armor looks like I only care what my weapons and shields look like and I have mixed feelings about removing attributes these are a lot of concerns BUT ......... The fact is we didn't create this game Beth did and Beth made a game that THEY felt was the way THEY wanted to go with it when it all said and done we are all gonna be sitting on our duffs on 11.11.11 playing the same game I'll be playing it on xbox first so I can play the game the way Beth designed the game to be played then after I'll get it for pc and do some modding and downloading mods to fix w/e it is that I dislike I guess my point is nothing productive is coming out of this thread because the guy who screams shut up (wich is immature and stupid) does have a point for someone who reads all the threads this is annoying to see nothing but complaints so I think I didn't attack any one specific except for mr everyone shut up guy so keep it civil lol be gentle on me I'm not trying to be a douche honestly just wanted to put in my 2 cents or 3

Well, I guess they either push back the release or just come out with a patch/update to fix some of this......I think that it will all play out, but i've sen what happens when people have their hopes very high.......if something is not to their liking or if they expected something else...well need I say more?. Edited by SynysterShadows1213

Well, I guess they either push back the release or just come out with a patch/update to fix some of this......

Most likely I'm sure they have the game printed already if not by october to ship and receive by nov 10 they are prolly working on the first patch that will hit at launch

nah .. I heard it only takes a week to copy the disks out once they have the final version .. they are still tweaking and bug testing .. nothing major will change .. AI wont be fixed unless a modder fixes it .. nothing will be added at this point .. the only thing they do in the final two months is debugging and stat tweaks.