Dissapointed?

Fatalmasterpiece

[

nah .. I heard it only takes a week to copy the disks out once they have the final version .. they are still tweaking and bug testing .. nothing major will change .. AI wont be fixed unless a modder fixes it .. nothing will be added at this point .. the only thing they do in the final two months is debugging and stat tweaks.

I know that but they still have to ship games xbox ps and pc all over the world so the will have to be able to ship by mid October to get the games out to the mechants your are right they are making last minute changes and bug fixes but I'll bet you any thing there will be a patch to dl on 11.11.11

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3- 4 weeks seems to be the average for big studios. For example Gear 3 just went gold around Aug 19 and its release date is sept 20. Just look for yourself, most games are about the same.

I expect around Oct 11-20 for Skyrim

Edited by Ghogiel

- Armor, both the models and textures look rather bleh. I'm hoping this is just a Xbox issue but so far it looks like modders on the Nexus are still outdoing much of the vanilla artist's modeling.

I have to disagree here, I personally think the models and textures both look amazing for the armors. Of course however, I'm sure there will be modelers and texturers who are going to surpass what the Bethsoft team did.

- Pathfinding and AI, I still see npcs and creatures bumping into rocks and getting stuck. Also, the video in Bleakfalls Barrow, where the player sneak attacks the bandits by the campfire, the Orc just stands there as his friend drops dead. Who does this? He should scramble for cover, run for help, look around, something!

I agree here, that was a VERY lame demonstration of the AI when his buddy just stands there like an idiot. If you zoom in you will see the Nord PC is level 34 and may have some sort of sneak or sound bonus so I'm hoping that it's just the demo, and the AI isn't that stupid in practice.

- Back peddling still looks like a viable ranged tactic. Needs to be slowed much more.

I agree, it should be slowed to a slow walk, especially with arrow damage greatly increased. I hope we can slow down backpeddle in a mod. I hate exploits like this.

- Ambient lighting and actor shadows. I've really been hoping to see with the addition of dynamic shadows the reduction in using invisible lights in favor of sourced lights which cast shadows. I still see a lot of them though so it seems we will have to depend on a mod to fix that issue, ala darker dungeons. Often, actors still do not cast shadows upon the floor and ambient light makes dungeons far too bright.

Agreed once again, an interior lighting mod is a must to make torches and night vision viable. Being human, you shouldn't be able to walk around a dungeon without a torch, that's so unrealistic. Maybe we can go into each cave and remove the ambient lighting so no light exists without a source (torch, sky lighting, etc....).

Just my 2 cents...

I do hope there won't be last second delays. I recall Oblivion coming out and I'd headed down to the Gamestop a few weeks after release date--a mix of avoiding the crowds and having enough money--only to be told it had been delayed until March 2006. I'd been without internet for a time, and it hadn't occurred to me to check online first and make sure it was really out. The last time I' read anything had been two months prior to release. Does anyone recall when they announced the delays, and the whys for them?

To be honest, I really don't feel there will be another four month delay. A few weeks at the most. But if it makes Skyrim an even more awesome game, and not just slightly less meh, then I'm all for a delay if it's needed.

Maybe we can go into each cave and remove the ambient lighting so no light exists without a source (torch, sky lighting, etc....).

Well, you could do that, but then you run into the problem of humans, elves, etc. walking around in the pitch black darkness, and even talking to their friends/allies. I've run into that with an Oblivion mod and it was really silly.

Maybe we can go into each cave and remove the ambient lighting so no light exists without a source (torch, sky lighting, etc....).

Well, you could do that, but then you run into the problem of humans, elves, etc. walking around in the pitch black darkness, and even talking to their friends/allies. I've run into that with an Oblivion mod and it was really silly.

Yeah you have to go into each and remove the lighting. There seems to be enough sourced lighting in each cave to make it work, however where there isn't the fix should be to equip the npcs with torches and also add light sources in areas needed, like lamps, torches, wall sconces etc.

The only thing I'm really worried about is the AI. It's pathetic that the guy just stood there when his friend was killed.

I'm kind of sick of people saying this to be honest. And for two reasons, one technical, and one logical.

1. If your friend were suddenly shot down, your telling me that you would go straight to fighting? You wouldn't spend three seconds looking down at his lifeless body before realizing you were under attack and begin to fight back? I would anyway, seems like a believable behavior to me.

2. If you look at his skills in the video when he flies through them all, his Sneak skill is at level 100. So what I'm saying here is, you can't judge the AI's reaction until you see how he would've reacted against a player with a lower sneak level.

I'm not saying it's not a little strange, but in my opinion it's believable based on those two reasons.

1. If your friend were suddenly shot down, your telling me that you would go straight to fighting?

No, but I would try to get in some sort of cover.

You wouldn't spend three seconds looking down at his lifeless body before realizing you were under attack and begin to fight back?

No, that would be foolish.

2. If you look at his skills in the video when he flies through them all, his Sneak skill is at level 100. So what I'm saying here is, you can't judge the AI's reaction until you see how he would've reacted against a player with a lower sneak level.

How good you are at sneaking does not affect how well an enemy notices that his friend, who he was having a conversation with, was just shot and killed with an arrow by you.

I'm not saying it's not a little strange, but in my opinion it's believable based on those two reasons.

In my opinion it's not believable in the slightest.

Edited by Revengeance

The only thing I'm really worried about is the AI. It's pathetic that the guy just stood there when his friend was killed.

I'm kind of sick of people saying this to be honest. And for two reasons, one technical, and one logical.

1. If your friend were suddenly shot down, your telling me that you would go straight to fighting? You wouldn't spend three seconds looking down at his lifeless body before realizing you were under attack and begin to fight back? I would anyway, seems like a believable behavior to me.

I disagree with you, that npc is lvl 34 as stated, that means he has higher skills and abilities...dont you think that such a fighter, living in a dangerous world will just stand there 3 seconds and watch in shock at his buddys corpse ?...someone like that would have a skilled reaction time as such situations are a comon thing in his world and he knows that carefull aproach and quick reaction are the core of staying alive.

It has nothing to do with if the players sneak skill is 100, he wont see him but he wouldnt just stand there like a rock, but take cover.