Dissapointed?

Fatalmasterpiece

I meant with flanking and such. Instead of stumbling loudly into a bandit camp and having all of them charge directly at me, I'd like at least one or two of them to run out of my view while their buddies distract me and they come up on my back or from my left and right and surprise me. I wish they could get sneaking npcs to work somehow, but I know that simply won't work. I was pondering the idea to make a mod for it in Oblivion when I realized that.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to remember, that was from E3 a while ago. It could have improved meanwhile (I somewhat doubt it though...)

Actually no: The video that was just released was re-recorded. A few things go differently like the fight with the bosmer bandit on the road. Presumably the new video uses the latest build of the game, but who knows.

You have to remember, that was from E3 a while ago. It could have improved meanwhile (I somewhat doubt it though...)

Actually no: The video that was just released was re-recorded. A few things go differently like the fight with the bosmer bandit on the road. Presumably the new video uses the latest build of the game, but who knows.

Really!? Rather than give us something new and fresh they took the time to re-recorded the exact same footage just to add some rather dry (and over-stated- dialogue)???

http://sketchler.com/images/riker.jpg

Well they obviously dont want to spoil any other areas yet. I dont mind at all :D What I enjoyed with these last HD-videos was being able to finally see the real detail of the environment and reflections, which was all blurry and s*** on recent filmed demonstrations. It was the first moving HD-material since trailer, so eventhough it was the same walkthrough, it was AWESOME!

And on topic I say it's way too early to be "disappointed" about things that still might improve before release. The modders will take care of whatever Bethesda doesnt, so it's all good anyway!

Edited by Mr. Bravo

And on topic I say it's way too early to be "disappointed" about things that still might improve before release. The modders will take care of whatever Bethesda doesnt, so it's all good anyway!

It appears we modders will have another big job ahead of us fixing Skyrim like we fixed Oblivion and Fallout 3.

I'm not being whiny, I'm being serious. I love Bethesda and their work, but their mistakes seem to repeat themselves while they basically just improve the environments and the graphics. I will love every second of Skyrim, but these are the things I noticed. Everyone will notice things they don't like, whether they know it or not, they do. When you see a new trailer from Skyrim, the first things you notice are the bugs/things you know could have been better.

I honestly don't think the AI is that much improved from Oblivion, maybe the dialogues. If you see the guy just standing there after his friend was shot, you clearly see that it was the work of the makers of Oblivion, when you see that NPC (bandit?) in the cave, rushing towards you and just starts swinging his massive weapon at you without any questions or explanations, you will (once) again notice that it's the work of the makers of Oblivion, when you see rain falling through solid 10 inch stone roof, you know for the third time that Bethesda made that game.

Basically, all of the finishing moves are twitchy and literally really off. Example is the nosy git in the spider web, when he runs away and the player stabs him, he speeds up to him out of thin air due to the finishing animation, which by the way is twitchy. When the player's killing the wolves in the beginning, you see that the animation of his knee-kick also is rather twitchy.

I honestly don't think the AI is that much improved from Oblivion, maybe the dialogues. If you see the guy just standing there after his friend was shot, you clearly see that it was the work of the makers of Oblivion, when you see that NPC (bandit?) in the cave, rushing towards you and just starts swinging his massive weapon at you without any questions or explanations, you will (once) again notice that it's the work of the makers of Oblivion, when you see rain falling through solid 10 inch stone roof, you know for the third time that Bethesda made that game.

Basically, all of the finishing moves are twitchy and literally really off. Example is the nosy git in the spider web, when he runs away and the player stabs him, he speeds up to him out of thin air due to the finishing animation, which by the way is twitchy. When the player's killing the wolves in the beginning, you see that the animation of his knee-kick also is rather twitchy.

I have to agree with all of this... sadly.

Didn't Todd Howard already say that he thinks game glitches are funny and they prefer to keep them in the game for amusement? He said the only bugs they look for are the game crashing ones, but the rest (like broken AI and indoor rain) are funny to them so they leave it in. It was a sad day when I read that interview.

Edited by zer0morph