New Syndicate revamp in the works

brokenergy

For those who are too young to remember (like me), Syndicate is an tactical shooter with open spaces and iso cam and such. It is loved by people who love their ye oldie games of yeaster years (okay I lied about that part but seriously who remembers the series in detail in the general public?). While it was a great game at the time, it hasn't matured to the modern era as such and was left into a interlectual black hole. Resently, EA and Starbreeze have announced a new take of the IP, by making a shooter. Currently there are a lot of unknowns but some pics have been release of the game. So enjoy.

http://au.gamespot.com/news/6333763/syndicate-revamp-coming-in-early-2012?tag=updates%3Beditor%3Ball%3Btitle%3B2

http://au.pc.ign.com/articles/119/1193718p1.html

Edited by brokenergy

Yet another first person shooter - this ones just shamefully milking the name. Never played the first one but Syndicate Wars was one of the first games I ever got for the PS1. The comments from the Gamespot readers sum it up nicely imo... :facepalm: Edited by greywaste

Sad, really. I remember the first 2 quite fondly from my high school days. (Yes, I'm that old) I guess it's just hard to play an isometric strategy game when all you have is a stupid console control pad and no mouse. Hooray for streamlining!

RP

So enjoy.

There's nothing to enjoy. This is just another bad joke by EA, hoping to make a quick buck by releasing a bland, generic shooter, slapping the Syndicate name on it and hawking it to anyone with his head so far up his backside he hasn't yet realised that there's nothing left of what made the Bullfrog games great.

Can I ask, how do you know that it is going to be pointless? FPS have improved dramatically during the past ten years and are more than just point and shoot in the 90's. It could be like Deus Ex or Crysis. Personally I'm glad that Peter Molyneux isn't anywhere near this game after Fable and Starbreeze made The Darkness and The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena, both of which are good shooters. There is nothing wrong with the expansion of a IP into different genres and plus it brings new life to an old IP.

There is nothing wrong with the expansion of a IP into different genres and plus it brings new life to an old IP.

Yeah... but... surprise! It's a shooter.

Syndicate was good 15+ years ago wehn I played it. I came up a week or 2 ago in another thread in classic gaming. I tried playing it again a few years back, it's not as cool as it was....

There is nothing wrong with the expansion of a IP into different genres and plus it brings new life to an old IP.

Syndicate was good 15+ years ago when I played it. It came up a week or 2 ago in another thread in classic gaming. I tried playing it again a few years back, it's not as cool as it was....

Edited by Ghogiel

Syndicate was good 15+ years ago wehn I played it. I came up a week or 2 ago in another thread in classic gaming. I tried playing it again a few years back, it's not as cool as it was....

You mean how Fallout series became from tactical RPG to pointless freeroam? Yeah I can do that too you know.