New Syndicate revamp in the works

brokenergy

Fallout 3 / New Vegas are hardly just shooters guys :mellow: That's not necessarily the entire complaint here with them anyway. When I say FPS I mean, no choices, neglible plot that just relies on snazzy weapons and lots of explosions and gameplay that consists of looking down the arse end of a gun and blasting things for 99% of the game. Edited by greywaste

FPS have improved dramatically during the past ten years and are more than just point and shoot in the 90's.

Not really. Yes, game mechanics have changed somewhat and we've got physics and pretty graphics, but in a larger perspective FPS's have become carbon copies of themselves. I.E. pretty much every CoD game, all those other FPS's that fall under most people's radars because they're bland and Duke Nuke Forever.

There is nothing wrong with the expansion of a IP into different genres and plus it brings new life to an old IP.

Yeah, that worked really great with Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel.

Not really. Yes, game mechanics have changed somewhat and we've got physics and pretty graphics, but in a larger perspective FPS's have become carbon copies of themselves. I.E. pretty much every CoD game, all those other FPS's that fall under most people's radars because they're bland and Duke Nuke Forever.

Not every shooter is CoD, for example BF3 has better mechanics than DooM. FPS is more than simple point and shoot of the 90's. There is as much strategy into the type of weapon you use and the type of gameplay you employ.

Yeah, that worked really great with Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel.

You do know that just because it isn't a 9 or a 10 doesn't mean that it is that bad. It just means that it didn't had good appeal.

Just because that you people don't like the direction, doesn't mean that you should bemoan and remain angry. It's a game not your childhood. If EA wanted a Syndicate remake, then they have every right to remake it into whatever genre they want. It is their IP now, not yours. Just because it's a shooter doesn't mean that it is horrendous. You can have action and still have a good story. Anyways you don't need to buy it, no ones forcing you to but you have to show some respect to the developer who's making this and accept the direction that it is going. If you like it, buy it. If you don't, well then don't but under any circumstances don't disrespect people who are going to be it's potential costumers.

Just because that you people don't like the direction, doesn't mean that you should bemoan and remain angry. It's a game not your childhood. If EA wanted a Syndicate remake, then they have every right to remake it into whatever genre they want. It is their IP now, not yours. Just because it's a shooter doesn't mean that it is horrendous.

Surprise! it's going to be a shooter. I'm not angry, I'm laughing at how predictable that is. Sure there has been 2 decades of advancement in the genre, but maybe one every 2 years actually does something interesting, out of so many per year, it's populated with derivative titles.

Now to mention how seemingly every IP gets remade as a fps. Makes this news quite predicable. And maybe it is going to be good, but another IP turned fps isn't what I would call that a good start on face value.

Sure it might be good like Fallout 3 or it might be good like Deus Ex. As a matter of fact, it sounds a LOT like Deus Ex so I think I'll just go buy that one instead. Point is, since they slapped the Syndicate name on it to appeal to a certain fanbase then we have every right to voice our opinion on it as potential customers. Without feedback how would they ever know what we really want to play? Some people like Morrowind better than Oblivion. Others like Daggerfall better than Morrowind. Yes, there are even those who think Fallout 3 'ruined' the genre. We have every right to gather and complain and bemoan the fate of a beloved game title and the fact that everything seems to be going the way of Call of Halo 4. I still *censored* about Metallica not playing the same kind of metal they once did. I still *censored* about cars like the Chevy Malibu. (I owned a 65 Malibu SS, that new hunk of crap is NO Malibu and doesn't deserve the name) And I will likely continue to *censored* about Syndicate.

RP

Surprise! it's going to be a shooter. I'm not angry, I'm laughing at how predictable that is. Sure there has been 2 decades of advancement in the genre, but maybe one every 2 years actually does something interesting, out of so many per year, it's populated with derivative titles.

Now to mention how seemingly every IP gets remade as a fps. Makes this news quite predicable. And maybe it is going to be good, but another IP turned fps isn't what I would call that a good start on face value.

Wow. Do I really care? Why do you even mention that it is a suprise, there is nothing suprising about it. It was bound to happen. I don't even think that a Iso FSP is going to work in this day and age. Face it, the industry has changed from tenious mechanics of the 90's. You need to accept it and move on.

Wow. Do I really care?

Obviously you do.

What is an FSP anyway?

Not every shooter is CoD, for example BF3 has better mechanics than DooM. FPS is more than simple point and shoot of the 90's. There is as much strategy into the type of weapon you use and the type of gameplay you employ.

The FPS genre is such an inflated one that there's at least three Duke Nukem Forevers for each BF3 or Deus Ex. I know many games in isometric perspective that also require strategic choices in equipment and gameplay, the FPS isn't the holy grail of game genres like every game developer and their grandmothers seem to believe.

You do know that just because it isn't a 9 or a 10 doesn't mean that it is that bad. It just means that it didn't had good appeal.

More like no appealing features at all, seeing as that specific game was almost universally panned by critics and customers alike.

Just because that you people don't like the direction, doesn't mean that you should bemoan and remain angry. It's a game not your childhood. If EA wanted a Syndicate remake, then they have every right to remake it into whatever genre they want. It is their IP now, not yours. Just because it's a shooter doesn't mean that it is horrendous. You can have action and still have a good story. Anyways you don't need to buy it, no ones forcing you to but you have to show some respect to the developer who's making this and accept the direction that it is going. If you like it, buy it. If you don't, well then don't but under any circumstances don't disrespect people who are going to be it's potential costumers.

As a consumer, I have every right in the world to discuss the game in any manner I see fit. I certainly don't need you to tell me whom I should respect or not respect.

You can have action and still have a good story.

Yes... But virtually all FPS games these days are just the same old same old... What made Syndicate special was not the action, or even the perspective, but the rich environment and how the player was not themselves an agent but rather was just the boss and director of those agents... Able to sacrifice one or more of them for the sake of the mission. With a FPS, it's just you VS. the world... sometimes with horrible AI companions to get in the way. The world wasn't all that interesting... The gameplay however was.