Not sure we get more DLCs

SignorNessuno

Considering how much money Fallout 4 made Bethesda, and considering how lucrative DLC money is I highly doubt that we will stop at just Far Harbor. Granted, these are the same people who stopped making DLC for Skyrim after just Dragonborn, even though the Thalmor were right there and would have made the perfect antagonists for a large expansion.

Maybe Bethesda will take a note from Bioware (ME3 & DA:1) and CD Projekt RED (Witcher 3 with Blood and Wine) and put out a final DLC that is a proper sendoff for the game rather than just tepidly stopping production. I am certainly expecting at least another expansion.

I really hope is that true. So means they are not doing what i said. Considering that The Witcher has had a higher number of sales than Fallout 4. And better content than a normal standard for Fallout Made in Bethesda.

If you really want to increase sales and not only think of easy money with various Wasteland Workshop, that content should make them free with patches or free upgrades. And make the payment and Map Quest and DLC.

But I am afraid that the "pride" in Bethesda house can cloud their judgment, and risk becoming a new EA Games.

I have a suspicion that there will be an expansion set on Mars. The clues are there. :smile:

ArcJet Terminals. :thumbsup:

That would certainly be great. They could also limit the expansion to a space station and not have to build a land mass.

Would be interesting see an Enclave Moonbase and the former characters from Mothership Zeta, and stop again the Alien Invasion. We got even a magazine about space marines. And the alien with his crashed ufo site!

Edited by SignorNessuno

Let's also keep in mind the reason Bethesda didn't create any more Skyrim DLCs: Technical issues with console compatibility. It appears with Fallout 4 that those issues no longer exist, so the only barrier to more DLCs is profitability. =^[.]^=

i really doubt that the new DLCs will be included in the season pass, at least thats what they used to say post release. But we will see

The whole reason they upped the cost was to compensate for the fact they have more DLC planned that will be part of the season pass.

So yes, the next wave of DLC will be part of the season pass.

i really doubt that the new DLCs will be included in the season pass, at least thats what they used to say post release. But we will see

If you are just going to make stuff up with absolutely no facts behind it, then I guess you will always have something to worry about...

The whole basis of the OP's theory is that they are leaving this game to do ES6. There isn't any real and confirmable evidence of ES6 at this point. There are theories and rumors but absolutely no facts yet. This game and it's DLCs are still making an ungodly amount of money for this company, so they aren't stopping anytime soon.

Theoretically, if they can keep making enough money off the DLC for this game for 10 years, they will, because at the end of the day, Todd Howard and all those guys have bosses too. Just look at WoW, they're still releasing DLC for that game, because it still makes money, so what reason do they have to stop?

Such baseless speculation being presented as fact can be very harmful to any community. Remember when Eddie Murphy kept dying in a skiing accident a few years ago?

I have a suspicion that there will be an expansion set on Mars. The clues are there. :smile:

If Fallout 3 could have a Terran Starship Command and Fallout New Vegas could have Boom to the Moon, then the Red Planet is certainly there for the DLCing.

The whole basis of the OP's theory is that they are leaving this game to do ES6. There isn't any real and confirmable evidence of ES6 at this point. There are theories and rumors but absolutely no facts yet. This game and it's DLCs are still making an ungodly amount of money for this company, so they aren't stopping anytime soon.

Theoretically, if they can keep making enough money off the DLC for this game for 10 years, they will, because at the end of the day, Todd Howard and all those guys have bosses too. Just look at WoW, they're still releasing DLC for that game, because it still makes money, so what reason do they have to stop?

Such baseless speculation being presented as fact can be very harmful to any community. Remember when Eddie Murphy kept dying in a skiing accident a few years ago?

Many thought that with Skyrim, Bethesda had in mind to do other dlc. But then the production is finished and has been released as GOTY / full game edition two years later. Leaving a bitter disappointment for the fans, who expected to see more dlc on quests and maps.
Fallout is not their true brand, they bought it, and this allows them to decide as they see fit. Of course it is up to them to choose what decisions to choose for their intellectual property. With the result that they can destroy the expectations of fandom. If you believe it or not, they made money enough with the various preorder, the various collector edition with socks included. Fallout 4 but did not sell quite as FNV.
Of course, we have the mysterious Nuka World, which could be a dlc with the map, or just a single quest. And the two workshops.
But with this E3, to offset the sales there will be the new TES6, and another blockbuster will be ready for the masses. With other preoder, and other merchandise.
That's business.