Universal Healthcare

kvnchrist

Universal Healthcare  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Does universal HC reduce the qualty of that care?

• yes
    • no
  2. 2. Can Universal HC reduce the options patients have?

• yes
    • no
  3. 3. Can Universal HC be used as a social and political tool?

• yes
    • no

I'm sure many of us have been sick with a cold or a flu, or etc, and just go to an urgent treatment care center, and get seen by a doctor very quickly, instead of going to a hospital ER and having to wait for hours to see a doctor. I got a $10 copay at urgent care centers, and free ER if I feel like waiting 2-3 hours. I'd rather pay $10 and get seen in under 30 minutes. Also $5 - $10 copay on prescriptions, possibly less if its generic. This is with just a basic private plan, nothing fancy.

Another thing people need to realize is health care isn't free, and someone has to pay for it. Although I agree a bigger pool of money put together would lower costs for everybody, but the question is, what would we have to give up over our private plans to take part in this nationalized health care system? Would I still have the option to go to a quick treatment center with a small copay? Or would I have to have an expensive private plan on top of already paying extra in taxes, etc for the government one? My support or lack of for a universal healthcare plan all depends on the details, and options that come along with it. I honestly don't care if it insures more people, if I have to personally give up a whole lot of options to take part in it. I would oppose any efforts to force Universal healthcare down peoples throats if its not even as good as most private plans.

Most of the ones that voted for it in government didn't even read the bill, and admitted that they didn't even read it. And that scares me. If you are going to overtake the private sector of the health care industry, then you better provide better service and more options, or its not even worth it. And people are going to scream very loudly about it, and rightfully so.

Edited by Beriallord

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic