Bringing companions along for adventure

Fornhed

I had a thought recently. It strikes me as extremely appealing if you could bring with you a good 8 people or so, like friends you've made, and go on an adventure. Imagine, it'd be an epic voyage like the Fellowship or something. I've always been a fan of those movies where a group of people are systematically killed off one by one, so I'd love to have a party greater than like one or two companions. It'd be so much fun, going around exploring with at least like 4 or 5 companions and then all of a sudden a dragon would snag one of your dear friends, killing him instantly. Now that'll get the old adrenaline pumping! Especially if you care for your companions and want to protect them.

If they are looking to push as many things into the game as possible, I don't see why not you should have a really low limit on how many people that can follow you around at one time.

Sure, it'd be unfair if you gathered a small army or had like a platoon of friendly NPC's to help you kick all the monster's asses. But come on, surely 5 companions would be okay?

If not... make the mod damnit!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure it does. Need a mod right away to fix! Like I walk into an Indiana Jones cave and one of my 5 companions get impaled instantly. Then along comes a bunch of evil little goblin things and one of my warriors fall in battle. Then we get the treasure and get the hell out of there, but that doesn't settle too well with a nearby dragon whom fries one of my buddies and after an epic battle he manages to shred another one in his jaws. But we finish him off. Now I'm left with only one last companion, Baldrick...

Actually, the more ppl ubhave wirh you, the less Attached u r to each one. U get less time to focus and familiar yourself with each member. So walking around with 2 ppl for long is more likely to get u attached to them and care if one dies.

Also i agree that in melee combat games having too many companions will probably create a clutter. A mess of a fight.

This game isnt AC.

It truly is an epic game if you can actually get attached to your companions. And I'm sure I will as well. :psyduck: