Glad V is Skyrim?

MizerD

When I hit my second wave of Oblivion obsession, I gave this a lot of thought. My conclusion was that I really wanted it to be in Elsweyr or Hammerfell, and since i was a Khajiit i kind of landed on Elsweyr. Now that I think about it, I didn't even give Skyrim any thought at all, but now that it's official, I'm 100% pleased with the choice.

I am extremely pleased with Bethesda's choice to go with Skyrim. I love Northern European culture and especially that of the vikings so Skyrim fits right with me. I like all the races of Elder Scrolls but the rough and rugged land and architecture of the Nords appeals to me the most.

As far as future expansions to the franchise go they already covered the largest regions of Tamriel and I would rather not settle for a smaller game map like High Rock or Valenwood in the future. Also while I like the other cultures I wouldn't want a game completely focused around them. For instance I think Argonians are cool as hell but I would really get sick of a giant swamp filled with nothing but poisonous plants and animals real quick. These other cultures are cool because they are the minority we don't see a whole lot of them or their culture so when we do it's a gem but making a game completely centric to it kinda ruins the mystique.

Lastly you have to look at it from a marketing point of view. It is far easier for Bethesda to advertise and sell a game filled with humans or elves in a medieval fantasy world like Oblivion or Skyrim that is familiar to most people from movies and television than it is to sell people on a land of talking cats or lizards. In the future Bethesda will likely go with Summerset Isle, High Rock, Valenwood, or Hammerfall. Though I would personally love to see the whole of Tamriel or perhaps another continent like Akavir.

Doesnt matter to me and to be honest I dont think it matters to anyone really, what I mean is we all have our favorite race but does that mean that its best to play in its homeland?

You said your favorite race is Nord but does that mean you wouldnt play it anymore if the next game wasnt in Skyrim but instead in idk Elsweyr? No I think you would play it anyway.

What we all truely want is for the game to bring us loads of fun while playing it no matter where it will take place.

Yes, I'm quite happy with Skyrim as the new setting.

I hoped that it will be Elsweyr or Argonia, but after seeing how well they did Skyrim's enviroments I'm satisfied.

just think how awesome Elsweyr n blackmarsh (argonia) will be when/if they are released.

I'm stoked it's skyrim the closest thing to being a viking in a some what decent rpg was to roll a Cimmerian in age of Conan I love the barbaric rugged Nordic back when blood moon came out I told my brother how BA it would be to play in skyrim on tes now look and way back when FO3 came out I posted on the Beth forums that the next yes should be in skyrim and there should be dual wielding and every one laughed at me but I laugh now.....................