Hellgate: London

BHWolf

Quite simply download the demo.

With the usual delays and hype I have been sceptical about this one based on my experience of Titan Quest, the only other Diablo style game I have played.

Having tried out the demo, which is short, I will be getting the game.

Can already envisage the mods for the skins of a few models already..... those who have experience of TES, once you see the characters you'll know what I mean. ;)

I downloaded it and installed the demo, but it just hangs on a black screen (I think) when I try to play it. *sigh* It looked really cool, too.

You got the newest drivers? Or perhaps your Anti-Virus is spooking (mine did first, it blocked the .exe all the time).

Probably the most boring demo I've ever had the misfortune to play. Apparently the beta build is 10 times better than the demo build, but any dev/publisher team that releases a demo that's as shockingly boring as the Hellgate:London demo doesn't deserve my money.

• 2 weeks later...

I go the Hellgate: London Collector's Edition a couple minutes after the Gamespot guys put it on the shelf, and it lived up to my expectations. It's the best game I've gotten in a long time, probably my second favorite to the Elder Scrolls series. (That's not saying a lot, last game I got was in the springtime!)

Hope you all come to and decide to buy the game.

I got Hellgate: London a few days ago, while it is a good game I found it took me a while to get into it, the game starts off slow but it picks up it's pace after a few levels. Also it doesn't have the same level as awesomes as the Diablo games did, I haven't been able to put my finger on exactly whats missing from this one though.

mmmm..... I see what you mean. I don't like the way the conversations are like morrowind, with regular text. And, as far in as I am, it doesn't have that "epic" feel that you anticipate. Still, a great game, really cool.

I didn't play the game yet (although I do intend to do so) but from the reviews I've been reading lately the game is good but it isn't exactly the BIG BANG so many expected.

I played the demo and honestly I was expecting a darker atmosphere... The dialogs from the demos weren't the least believable IMO...

Archived