Hellgate: London

BHWolf

Obviously in those seven hours you played it you didn't get very far, because there's far more than street, hell, and sewer.

There's the Hellrift, Hell dungeon, sewers, street, underground train system, mind of 314, and a building-like dungeon. All in all, that's 7, and I'm only two fifths of the way done. You'd have to play more than seven hours to get the full experience our of it.

I'm not going to even bother to read the rest of your incessant rambling about H:L.

What exactly don't you agree with? I read it through and the only real thing I can see there being a conflict with is the "dull" and "boring" parts, that may be open to opinion (because, as MMO's have shown, some dolts actually enjoy the monotonous grind of doing the same quest over and over...). The rest I thought was common sense and objective!

There's the Hellrift, Hell dungeon, sewers, street, underground train system, mind of 314, and a building-like dungeon. All in all, that's 7, and I'm only two fifths of the way done. You'd have to play more than seven hours to get the full experience our of it.

Hell and the hell rift might as well be one and the same (hence the use of "hell" in the name). Sewers and street I referenced. Underground system = the bases from Diablo 2 but with even less imagination.

If the game is utter crap for the first seven hours it's not worth playing longer. No Hellgate fan boy is going to make me fall for the old "the good bit's at the end!" crap that they similarly tried to pull on World of Warcraft.

I never said it was good at the end, I said you haven't played far enough to truly experience it. And I also said I was only two-fifths of the way done. I wouldn't know if hte end's good or not, only that it's St. Paul's Hellgate.

And I'm a fan because I read the book, mostly.

I never said it was good at the end, I said you haven't played far enough to truly experience it. And I also said I was only two-fifths of the way done. I wouldn't know if hte end's good or not, only that it's St. Paul's Hellgate.

And I never said that you said ... blah blah blah. The review is of my first seven hours of play i.e. I've experienced seven hours and here's my opinion. Perhaps you should read a little bit further down and get to the part where I actually cover this issue before you comment again and make me repeat myself. The paragraph starts with "Now it's possible" if you want to do a ctrl+f and skip the rest.

I haven't played very much of it, but I can say it's addictive. What I can't say is that it's fun, because it's not.

I didn't really enjoy what little I played of Diablo either.

Hack'n'Slash ain't excactly any kind of exciting bokk you're reading, it's more developed to get rid of stress.

Don't mean to be an ass but when I see something like this (list of bugs that Flagship needs to fix urgently):

* Resolving any remaining problems related to billing and subscriptions.

* Fixing two known bugs which cause players to sometimes lose items (one related to dual focus/dual melee, and one related to loading issues).

* Making improvements to memory usage in order to reduce "Memory Exhausted" crashes.

* Fixing a known issue with the user interface which causes the application to lock up intermittently.* An issue which occasionally prevents characters from being able to load or switch instances.

* General chat interface improvements. (Many improvements are in the works).

* Random disconnects and lag.

* Allowing higher resolution textures and models for other players.

* Various known problems with being able to continue interrupted side quests.

* Remnant quest items not getting destroyed and "clogging" up inventory.

* Continued problems with saving / loading Engineer Drone items.

* Invisible party members.

* The nanoforge not correctly improving rare and better armors.

* Getting stuck on collision.

It reminds me of Gothic 3 with it's enormous number of bugs. I made the mistake of getting Gothic 3 but I'm not going to make the same mistake again. The thing is that Gothic 3 had potential but the bugs ruined it.... Hellgate also had potential but even if the bugs get fixed there's still the "repetitive scenes/combat" issue (just to mention one).

I might get it but honestly I'm not expecting a "blockbuster" game...

Archived