Living a normal life in Skyrim?

MyNameIsAdam

Christian Bale pffft.

Firstly dam you!! Lol.

Second I meant Christain Bale from the film Reign Of Fire about dragons!! If you haven't seen it SHIROryuu you should give it a look its actually quite good especially compared to some other dragon films.

On that subject another (not-bad) dragon film is Age Of Dragons with Danny Glover, it starts off a bit naff but is quite a worthwhile watch and films like these just make the wait for Skyrim that little bit shorter. However do not watch Dragon Wars unless it's free, the worst £3 in tesco I've ever spent! :down:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christian Bale pffft.

Firstly dam you!! Lol.

Second I meant Christain Bale from the film Reign Of Fire about dragons!! If you haven't seen it SHIROryuu you should give it a look its actually quite good especially compared to some other dragon films.

On that subject another (not-bad) dragon film is Age Of Dragons with Danny Glover, it starts off a bit naff but is quite a worthwhile watch and films like these just make the wait for Skyrim that little bit shorter. However do not watch Dragon Wars unless it's free, the worst £3 in tesco I've ever spent! :down:

He would piss his(Balely boy) pants. Abs don't make you tough enough to take on dragons lol. Edited by SHIROryuu

I think I will make a Chuck Norris mod for Skyrim.... dragons will tremble in his presence, bandits will die of intestinal failure at the sight of him, and maidens will faint at the thought of his luxurious beard in all it's Nordic Glory. ;)

I think I will make a Chuck Norris mod for Skyrim.... dragons will tremble in his presence, bandits will die of intestinal failure at the sight of him, and maidens will faint at the thought of his luxurious beard in all it's Nordic Glory. ;)

Don't forget texas ranger hat!

Eh, almost certainly not. One of the golden rules of game design is design the game first, then build the fluff around the mechanics you end up with. Never ever ever start with fluff and then design game mechanics to fit it. This is why games that aim for "realism" usually suck ass.

The only, and I mean only, time realism works is when it doesn't: When you introduce a fun and exciting set of game mechanics, THEN find the most natural way to explain it to the player is with a reality-based explanation. A classic example of this is Rogue: You have to eat to survive, but the food spawns in each area are limited. The hunger mechanic is essentially a time limit on how long you can hang around in a specific part of the dungeon before you have to move on. Hunger was designed, tested, and implemented as a time limit system, NOT as an arbitrary way to nag the player into doing activity X every so often. The "realism" element is and was completely secondary to its function in game balance and character progression.

I can say with almost certainty the "realism" mechanics of Skyrim like romance and being able to work at a job were NOT designed as Rogue's hunger mechanic was. They were slapped on for the sole purpose of being present. I strongly doubt they're going to be the parts of the game everyone remembers.

<snip>

the worst £3 in tesco I've ever spent! :down:

Hahaha tight git!

I really ain't though lol!

I always try to give a balanced account/positives & negatives. Dragon Wars is one of the films I really cannot think of a single good thing to say about it;

poor models (dragons)

poor plot (predictable)

poor characters (as a viewer you don't feel attached to any of them)

the back of the DVD case says it cost them $75 million (wtf)

it's basen on Korean legend but set in Los Angeles (?)

I'm really not hard to please but if anyone has seen this film please back me up!!!!

Christian Bale pffft.

Firstly dam you!! Lol.

He would piss his(Balely boy) pants. Abs don't make you tough enough to take on dragons lol.

Yes he may piss his pants, but he would fight bollock naked using his wet trousers as a weapon!

<snip>

I always try to give a balanced account/positives & negatives. Dragon Wars is one of the films I really cannot think of a single good thing to say about it;

poor models (dragons)

poor plot (predictable)

I'm really not hard to please but if anyone has seen this film please back me up!!!!

I know I watched it tonight to see what you were talking about and i dont need to comment on it lol everything you say, i agree with lol

and whats that $75M !! How the hell.... no way! the doller must have been f*cking worthless when they made that lol

<snip>

poor models (dragons)

poor plot (predictable)

I know I watched it tonight to see what you were talking about and i dont need to comment on it lol everything you say, i agree with lol

and whats that $75M !! How the hell.... no way! the doller must have been f*cking worthless when they made that lol

Thank you!

If only they had the sense to give BethesdaGS $75mill, think we would finally get the continent of Tamriel....