It is tapped again...

SilverDNA

So it is like every year again the time of Autumn festivities.. since today. I wondered are there more festivals around the world? Are there traditions or habits or any info to this what you like if they are in your vicinity? so i opened up this topic to compare and share experiences of what you like what you find interesting or a to post something you find nice in such festival's.

For me personally and since im not a big drinker... i like most to order to the only beer I have a whole chicken thats so nude it wears only a crispy skin above the tender meat in the beer tent after a walk over the festival. It is my personal highlight of such a day.

:thumbsup:

So please if there is a festival in your vicinity (eaven if you don't attend to) and you find soemthing worth you might want to share post it here.

...let the Nexus October festival begin....

Edited by SilverDNA

In New Mexico every year in October there is a major Balloon Festival. This year the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta will be from October 1-9. People come from all over the world with their hot air balloons. Apparently the air currents in the area are perfect at this time of year. It is just glorious to watch, and people come from everywhere to photograph the marvelous looking balllons. It has become a wonderful annual event.

Thank you Granny ... nice way to see the landscape from above and have the obligatory glass of champagne

A very cozy and relaxing way to travel by balloon and I hope the weather play's along.

http://www.tigerstores.co.uk/uploads/c_product/1601075_picture_2259_1.jpg

We have the harvest festival. We got tractor pulling, :devil: plough contests, crazy night :teehee: , all the shops are open all night (hoping to sell all their dusty crap). We got live music, usually a middle aged guy trying to look like Elvis Presley :geek: , and we got lots of drunk people.

I usually go there to have an ice cream, a cup of coffee (or two) and have a good laugh of all the drunkies :biggrin: . Very funny :tongue:

Sound like you have lots of fun Balagor. *hmm* Danish Ice cream :wub: and coffee make the coffee a latte macchiato and I'm coming over.

I wasn't ever on a tractor pulling would be interesting to see the flying dirt. ;D( how high and how far if flies.)

Edited by SilverDNA

In Australia, october marks the begining of the Endurance phase of the local touring car series, which goes from 15 minute sprints, to marathons inspired by European GT racing, and is when I actualy pay any attention to domestic motorsport, especialy with Australia's "big one" just over the horizon, the Bathurst 1000, a thousand mile long car race on the world's steepest track, in intense heat, which tends to push man and machine to breaking point, and tends to lure over foreign drivers to have a go. While at the same time on a global scene, the Race Of Champions, an invitational competition for the world's best racers is fast approaching, while Formula One has entered the "new bit", a portion of the season taking place on brand new tracks only finished within the last few yearsm int he case of Korea, last year, and India, mere months ago.

Other than that, it's also about to be the big games rush here, as almost all big releases start happening from now on.

Cities around our area just have their Oktoberfest. Here, we have it at the Leach Ampitheatre by the river. They play German music and you drink beer...for $15 bucks at the gate. Doesn't include the price of beer, which is like $6/glass...and it's not even German! Flipping Miller Light (beer flavoured water as I call it)...ugh. I find that strange because Wisconsin has a lot of German background. My boyfriend and I went last year because we got some free tickets for one day, but the price of the beer drew us away...especially for Miller. Music was pretty cool though :)

This is the time when the festivals and other things wind down in these parts. Oktoberfest is the last one because it starts to get pretty cold by the end of October. It's already pretty chilly now, a little unusual...September is normally our last nice month...then it just gets colder and colder. But, it's been in the mid 30s the last few nights...looks like we might get an early start to winter.

Edited by Illiad86

@Vindekarr

.. if I remember correct from some of your former posts in other topics you not only go to such you have already participated in some minor racing challenges as well. I see your deep devotion in talking about motor improvements, tires and the likes. I personally can not fully grasp your passion because I'm not much in to racing for me a car is a transportation device that gives me the ability to move from point A to B. So I hope you can forgive me this because If someone like you has a devoted passion that i can not fully understand then it is defiantly my ignorance and such my own problem. Although I'm not much into motor sports, I admire good and concentrated driving like some race drives have.

@Illiad86

I agree I only attend all couple of years because the prizes a liter of beer ( German ) now on about 9,-€ = 12,31 $ puring a hole into the wallet faster than anything else so i only walk over of such festival and spend all the money on the only beer and the chicken then I go home happy, so I understand that is a expensive pleasure. I've heard some of theses foreign oktoberfestivals also have unique traditions related to the original German ones that here a traditionaly held with in the tents like Fingerhakeln, Stone lifting and likes the Scottish have similar games as far as i know (I don't care who invented them 1st). it is allways intresting to hear how traditions evolve over time on such far distances differently and I'm not ignorant enough to say it is only the Oktoberfest that has undergone some interesting changes.

@ at both of you:

Thank you for sharing! :smile:

Edited by SilverDNA