Remake Morrowind/Skyrim DLC Idea

GodlyHen

Wouldnt it be cool for Bethesda to completely re-do morrowind...but with the same graphics and mechanics as Skyrim...? I mean, I haven't played Morrowind, but I think this would be an amazing idea. It's purpose probably wouldn't be for Bethesda to rack in money, but more for the fans and for them and to say they did it over again. Think about it, bringing back those spears and fricken THROWING STARS.

On a side note, and since Skyrim takes place about 200 years after Oblivion, I would think it would be sweeet to see the Shivering Isles remodeled and overhauled on Skyrim's engine (like my morrowind idea). The place would be completely different after 200 years. Eh, just think about where these two ideas could lead.

Oh and just for fun, I want to be able to go across the border and into Bruma again :D

Post some ideas?

isnt there a post just like this? any of this would take team of modders..... and a couple years.

dunno. im not talking bout modders. im talking about if bethesda did it.

youre also forgetting Vvanderfell was destroyed. so if a DLC of morrowind was made it would be the argonain controlled mainland not the morrowind you remember from the game which took place in Vvanderfell

isnt there a post just like this? any of this would take team of modders..... and a couple years.

dunno. im not talking bout modders. im talking about if bethesda did it.

youre also forgetting Vvanderfell was destroyed. so if a DLC of morrowind was made it would be the argonain controlled mainland not the morrowind you remember from the game which took place in Vvanderfell

ohhh no no i dont mean going to morrowind in the same time era as skyrim. im talking making morrowind again. same story, weapons, people and time era. now, the shivering isles part, yes that is what i mean

then i dont see the point remaking morrowind or any past elder scrolls. not a big fan of going back to whats been done, in fact it would really piss me off if bethesda spent 4-5 years remaking an old game instead of making something new. imo

I completely agree with you on this, it's so much better to move forward than backwards.

If you want to play Morrowind, you play Morrowind, if you want to play Oblivion, you play Oblivion and if you want to play Skyrim, you play Skyrim. It would take too much time to make such a huge game, it would not give Bethesda any profit, since people already played those games, and basically still have the game at home. And as stated previously, I'd rather wait 4 years for a new and fresh game after Skyrim than play the exact same thing again - without switching CD's. Edited by hejpadig

Be interesting to see what bethsoft does for dlc they say they wanted to do larger content similar to Shivering Isles. I serious doubt they use morrowind as dlc even tes 3 morrowind most of the land wasn’t used because it was such a massive land mass. Maybe highrock as its much smaller be more manageable. I know they wouldn’t go back 200 years as dlc content it wouldn’t make any sense. I’m a bit behind in the lore but probably nothing much of interest is going on with highrock or morrowind at that time. also notice that they seem to not go back on land masses that they have already did a game in Edited by Bloodinfested

I'm sure I read one of the devs talking about how they'd love to go back and do something like High Rock now that they have the technology to do the landscape justice, so maybe we will see it one day.

The idea of propelling the Elder Scrolls series forward by 200 years is a good foundation for this sort of thing to happen. In fact Tamriel as we know it may change if the Empire's falling then political boundaries may change as some factions/provinces decide they want to expand their territories through conquest. It may be that this has already happened and maps of the entire continent we come across in Skyrim may be different than what we've seen in the past.

Exciting times :-)