Not the Children

daventry

104 members have voted

1. 1. Those Little Brats

• I will Mod out the Children but leave a few as to not break the Game
    • I will Mod the Children to be Killable (Yea, something is wrong with you i see)
    • I will leave them be, those Adorable Immortals of the Game

'Stop by at Mick and Ralph's for all your shopping needs!' oh wrong game......

I think Children in the game will make Skyrim seem more realistic, but I'm just afraid because NPCs have this thing of running in front of my sword when I attack something :confused:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Stop by at Mick and Ralph's for all your shopping needs!' oh wrong game......

Only kid I have ever wanted to kill in any game. Not only did he lag my PS3, he occasionally froze it... I shot him with a Fat Man once but all he did was run away. I see mini nukes as sure death, so... Why was he alive?!

I wouldn't kill I kid if I had to (well, exceptions of course... *cough*Mick and Ralph kid*cough*), but I want to see dragons or something killing them when they attack the town. Gives more of an incentive to save them. If they're immortal I'll just take my time to save them, since there would obviously be no need to rush to save an immortal.

I personally love the immersion. I wouldn't go out of my way to kill a child, but I most certainly will either mod it in, or install a mod, that makes them killable. If I am fighting in a town or city and I throw an area effect spell, I expect consequences if a child has been caught in the crossfire.

Something must have blocked the birth of Children in Oblivion i suppose. :sweat:

well if they don't add kids it ooks weird, kind o like in oblivion.

I found it extremely weird that my life in oblivion wich was roughly 65 years in Tamriel's time I did not see one child

Should i assume all of you started playing Beth games with Oblivion?

I started with Morrowind but to my knowledge there were no kids in TES 1 or 2 either and that means FO3 was the first game Beth ever made with children.

Something must have blocked the birth of Children in Oblivion i suppose. :sweat:

well if they don't add kids it ooks weird, kind o like in oblivion.

I found it extremely weird that my life in oblivion wich was roughly 65 years in Tamriel's time I did not see one child

Should i assume all of you started playing Beth games with Oblivion?

I started with Morrowind but to my knowledge there were no kids in TES 1 or 2 either and that means FO3 was the first game Beth ever made with children.

I believe Pete or Todd said something along the line of "Just because we did it one way before doesn't mean we have to do it that way again" .. in this case a childless world .. Both Morowind and Oblivion had mods to add children to the world to make it feel more real .. so Beth took a hint and added them to F3 and now Skyrim.

When I'm drunk out of my mind and on a murder tear through Skyrim, there shall be no essential characters. If I run over a kid with a modded pink flying dragon I expect him to either die or turn into a Crazy Alcohol Rainbow Pig. Though I'd prefer the latter, I'm cool with the former.

In fact, I hope Bethesda has the balls to make them kill-able out of the box instead of copping out and leaving it to mods instead. Movies, books and TV shows has stories about kids being raped, murdered, eaten and stuffed in a fridge. Games, especially games marketed to adults, need to stop being held to such an idiotic a double standard and focus on making the best story they can without worrying about what some soccer mom or hypocritical politician is going to say..

Edited by justwannaddl

Killing adults is perfectly fine, but killing kids is entirely immoral.

f*** logic.

agreed...

if your gonna allow killing, why go half arsed?

EDIT: I am confused as to why any company woud even care about ratings unless aiming at children groups.

Edited by El`derina

When I'm drunk out of my mind and on a murder tear through Skyrim, there shall be no essential characters. If I run over a kid with a modded pink flying dragon I expect him to either die or turn into a Crazy Alcohol Rainbow Pig. Though I'd prefer the latter, I'm cool with the former.

In fact, I hope Bethesda has the balls to make them kill-able out of the box instead of copping out and leaving it to mods instead. Movies, books and TV shows has stories about kids being raped, murdered, eaten and stuffed in a fridge. Games, especially games marketed to adults, need to stop being held to such an idiotic a double standard and focus on making the best story they can without worrying about what some soccer mom or hypocritical politician is going to say..

amen reverend! (no I'm not being sarcastic)