Not the Children

daventry

104 members have voted

1. 1. Those Little Brats

• I will Mod out the Children but leave a few as to not break the Game
    • I will Mod the Children to be Killable (Yea, something is wrong with you i see)
    • I will leave them be, those Adorable Immortals of the Game

I'll leave them when I do get Skyrim, and if it bothers me that the children are immortal than I will do something. It would be weird if a dragon makes a town deserted except for children though. Would a beast have morals to not kill children? Also the beast of Pan's Labyrinth that consumes children would make a nice little quest for a township in my opinion.

It is sick to replicate children deaths, just like to draw it on a piece of paper. But murdering, devil worship, thievery, adultery, cursing are all negative things, but how deep are they taken? Okay, I'm not arguing this well but bad things happening just because it can be done is pointless and vile, but if it is symbolic, telling a story, being deep or just realistic, then it is logical to have such negative themes. If the movie Titanic ended with everyone getting a life boat and all end up getting to America all nice and sound it would have been a lousy movie.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only concern is that, as I understand, they'll be able to report crimes. Thus they'll break the great new mechanic of killing all the witnesses. So, IMO, they should either be killable, or be unable to report crimes.

Aside from that, I don't have any objections to children being immortal...

I vote no killing children. Because I want to force my opinion on your game play experience. I know in real life you would never kill a child, nor would this game ever influence you to harm a child, however its wrong. I dont care if what you do in your video game fantasy doesn't effect me or anyone else whatsoever, you still shouldn't be allowed to do it because I said so. :devil: Edited by Horgr

Thank Talos for mods eh? I will definitely DL mods that make the game even more immerse. That includes the unfortunate deaths of children. Just like others have stated; Why would I even bother saving or fighting unkillable NPC's. Hypothetically, If a family living in the forest is brutally murdered by savages, It will be all the more satisfying to avenge them.

WAIT! You can't kill children NPC?

WTF?! I swear for Krom, that lot of them are going to end falling to the bottom of a ravine.

If I can't kill them at least will give them a long trip to home.

My vote would be option 2 BTW, but I'm console player so no mods for me.

Back in the day, when fallout and fallout 2 were released, kids were killable. Patches in the upcoming years turned them invincible. Literally turning em into just floating texts.

I can't remember anyone making such a big deal of killing kids back then.and Black isle really didn't seem to care.

Main reason I think for the turn of events is the dumping down of realism for the shake of accesibility to the vast crowd of gamers that evolved in the coming years.

Personally, I would rather that the game was built so that it worked when children could be killed.

But I do not want this change so that I could kill them (though I recognize, especially from reading this thread, that that's where it would go for some people).

I want children to be killable because otherwise it's pointless to defend them.

I remember, in particular a scene in Fallout 3, where I died a number of times trying to defend a kid that just ran into a torrent of fire from raiders. I was working on defeating the game AI by picking them off before his AI triggered.

Finally, I realized that (a) he could not be killed, and (b) there was no way I was going to be able to beat the AI and keep him out of battle. So from then on, I let him draw covering fire for me while I picked off the raiders slowly.

That was disturbing.

So, anyways, I want kids to be killable and I want them to run away from danger, and I want sane NPCs in the game to defend them (fallout raiders were delusional psychopaths, they could easily have thought the kid was a giant ant), and I want to be able to protect them myself.

But I think they need better AI support before this would be possible. So, until then, I just want them to be nowhere near anything dangerous, because I know that the game cannot deal with the ramifications.