Should the government be involved in job creation

kvnchrist

they could help create jobs by not taxing the crap out of every working person just to provide for those who dont want to work. everyone can work, but if the government is gunna provide for the lazy, then its a lose lose for the hard workers.

its not the governments job to supply anyone like it does with welfare and whatnot.

lower taxes and whatnot, people have more money. buisnesses can afford to hire more people because they can pay everyone a little less AND dont have to pay as much taxes themselves. STOP feeding the lazy, then they will HAVE to find work, and work fuels the economy.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Job programs might be able to work. Anything involving taxes to help job creation is a bad idea imo.

I honestly don't know how exactly job programs work, would you please give me a basic overview so I can better understand the subject?

Job programs might be able to work. Anything involving taxes to help job creation is a bad idea imo.

I honestly don't know how exactly job programs work, would you please give me a basic overview so I can better understand the subject?

Something like job training.

The real thing to get people employed would be getting the private sector to help out. I am not even sure what to do with that anymore.

The real thing to get people employed would be getting the private sector to help out. I am not even sure what to do with that anymore.

Alright, so job programs are programs created by the government to get people trained so that they can have the necessary skills to get a job?

If so, that's going to involve money, and most (if not all) government money comes either from taxes or from newly printed money, neither of which is a good idea.

How about:

Get rid of tax breaks for 'creating jobs in developing nations'.... which translates quite literally to "Moving Jobs to developing nations."

Negate all Free trade agreements.

Implement "similar import taxes". Products we import FROM a country, are taxed at the same rate as similar products going INTO said country.

How about:

Get rid of tax breaks for 'creating jobs in developing nations'.... which translates quite literally to "Moving Jobs to developing nations."

Implement "similar import taxes". Products we import FROM a country, are taxed at the same rate as similar products going INTO said country.

Those things would help, but would it solve everything? We are in a huge mess, I don't know if that alone could fix it.

How about:

Those things would help, but would it solve everything? We are in a huge mess, I don't know if that alone could fix it.

As I see it, most of our problems stem from a lack of government revenue, and skyrocketing expenditures for things like extended unemployment benefits, and the various other social welfare programs that seem amazingly popular given our high unemployment rate. The lackluster performance of our economy is directly attributable to folks NOT spending money. Why are they not spending? Mainly because... they don't have it. Why don't they have it? They don't have a job, or, are concerned that their job may be outsourced, or become obsolete.....

So, if we can get folks back to work, the government gets more tax revenue, fewer people will need to public handouts (extended unemployment, welfare), people will HAVE money to spend, the economy will pick up, and it all becomes a vicious cycle of increased domestic productivity, and employment.

How about:

As I see it, most of our problems stem from a lack of government revenue, and skyrocketing expenditures for things like extended unemployment benefits, and the various other social welfare programs that seem amazingly popular given our high unemployment rate. The lackluster performance of our economy is directly attributable to folks NOT spending money. Why are they not spending? Mainly because... they don't have it. Why don't they have it? They don't have a job, or, are concerned that their job may be outsourced, or become obsolete.....

So, if we can get folks back to work, the government gets more tax revenue, fewer people will need to public handouts (extended unemployment, welfare), people will HAVE money to spend, the economy will pick up, and it all becomes a vicious cycle of increased domestic productivity, and employment.

That comes back to the problem though, how can we get people working again?

How about:

That comes back to the problem though, how can we get people working again?

Read my original quote here.

Where have all of our jobs gone? Overseas. That's where. Why have they gone there? Because corporations don't have to pay as much in wages, or benefits, and there is a LOT less worry about environmental issues there. (unless, of course, it can be used to drive up raw materials prices world wide, so, when they DO become available again, you can make a killing in short order.) Why can they do that? Free Trade agreements, and tax breaks. Get rid of those, and corporate america just might be motivated to bring some of our manufacturing jobs back to the states...