Oblivion Stops reading keyboard and mouse

Jalex69

I have Oblivion running on Windows 7 and it looks good and plays good for 5 to 10 minuets. At this point the game keeps on running but I have no control. This does not seem to be caused by anything in the game as it always happens in different locations. I do not have any problems like this in any of my other games on this computer.

If I am moving foreword my character just keeps going until she hits something and then I have no control and the mouse freezes and the keyboard does nothing but the game still runs.

It has an ATI 9600 video card with 512mb of ram, 2TB hard drive, Intel 3.4 gig processor, and 4 gigs of Ram.

There are no mods in it yet.

What should I look for?

Codec Issue. You can try installing the Klite BASIC codec pack, set it to repair broken codecs, and make sure ffdshow is set to ignore oblivion, both audio, and video.

If that doesn't help, try disabling music in the oblivion.ini, located in My Games\Oblivion. Find the setting:

bmusicenabled=1

change the 1 to a zero. Try the game again. (you won't have music though....)

Codec Issue. You can try installing the Klite BASIC codec pack, set it to repair broken codecs, and make sure ffdshow is set to ignore oblivion, both audio, and video.

If that doesn't help, try disabling music in the oblivion.ini, located in My Games\Oblivion. Find the setting:

bmusicenabled=1

change the 1 to a zero. Try the game again. (you won't have music though....)

That's what I thought. Where can I get Klite basic codec pack?

Not sure about the basic pack but here's a link to the full K-Lite Codec Pack on Major Geeks.

Thank You very much. It runs fine now.

I have one more question now and I will just ask it here.

I have the Oblivion 5th anniversary edition with shivering isles

I installed the appatchi goddess store with the mod manager and it's not there.

Does it work in this version?

I think the fifth anniversary edition combined the Shivering Isles esp file into everything else didn't it? In the launcher, does AGS show up in the data files?

No It didn't. Since then I tried to install it manually and put the files in the folders it told me too.

Now it's there but all the store keepers and the sign out front has been replaced by large exclamation points.