Guns or not Guns

hoofhearted4

93 members have voted

1. 1. Should citizens be allowed to have Guns

• Yes
    • No

I think evry person should be armed, evry person should have licens to aguire any small firearm (small = all the way to RPG / 50. Machineguns and 50. sniper rifles/and granades, well maby RPG and granades to much) aguiring such licens should be as simple as putting small form to police department and getting your licens tomorow. This would make a safer place in the world.

You ask me why... i tell you.

Excample: Russia at the moment dosent not allow its ppl to own any guns, even for hunting aguiring licens is insanly hard. about 1 year ago there was event in what small drug cardel drove to small village, 4 cars close to 12 ppl. armed whit shotguns AK's, pistols, and starting shooting at prettymuch evrything. i wont tell the end of storry since its not this part but lets just say all ended whitout cassualtys due to one old man whit illigal hunting firearm (he was inprisoned later for owning it) how did this 12 ppl get weapons ?? simple criminals will always find way to get weapons.

As to serial killers. Serial killer is someone who stalks pray (human) and kills it when such pray dose not suspect it. He can kill it in soo many ways that wont backfire at him that i cant count so hight. Simplest being knife. Knife wont leave almost no marks at crime place, it makes no sound. and in right hands its extreamly fast and efficient killing weapon. Atleast gun says bang + leaves gunpowder + bullet inside victume. and ofc shell itself(unless picked up) it leaves traces for police to fallow. Knife dose not.

Guns where made for weak ppl, ppl who didnt want to spend 10+ years training in martial arts or fencing, they where made for evryone, kids, grannies, blond women, and evryone who carries it, can be protected by said weapon from a guy that went 20 years martial arts, is 2m tall and got fists the size of barrel, and is thinking how to decorate wall whit your insides.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think evry person should be armed, evry person should have licens to aguire any small firearm (small = all the way to RPG / 50. Machineguns and 50. sniper rifles/and granades, well maby RPG and granades to much) aguiring such licens should be as simple as putting small form to police department and getting your licens tomorow. This would make a safer place in the world.

You ask me why... i tell you.

Excample: Russia at the moment dosent not allow its ppl to own any guns, even for hunting aguiring licens is insanly hard. about 1 year ago there was event in what small drug cardel drove to small village, 4 cars close to 12 ppl. armed whit shotguns AK's, pistols, and starting shooting at prettymuch evrything. i wont tell the end of storry since its not this part but lets just say all ended whitout cassualtys due to one old man whit illigal hunting firearm (he was inprisoned later for owning it) how did this 12 ppl get weapons ?? simple criminals will always find way to get weapons.

As to serial killers. Serial killer is someone who stalks pray (human) and kills it when such pray dose not suspect it. He can kill it in soo many ways that wont backfire at him that i cant count so hight. Simplest being knife. Knife wont leave almost no marks at crime place, it makes no sound. and in right hands its extreamly fast and efficient killing weapon. Atleast gun says bang + leaves gunpowder + bullet inside victume. and ofc shell itself(unless picked up) it leaves traces for police to fallow. Knife dose not.

Guns where made for weak ppl, ppl who didnt want to spend 10+ years training in martial arts or fencing, they where made for evryone, kids, grannies, blond women, and evryone who carries it, can be protected by said weapon from a guy that went 20 years martial arts, is 2m tall and got fists the size of barrel, and is thinking how to decorate wall whit your insides.

when you say "every person", then surely you must mean "every responsible person". you want civilians to have a chance at evening the odds, if up against heavily armed people.

but also remember that a big civilian population + weekends, parties, alhocol + guns = suddenly quite dangerous again.

every issue has a dark side.

• 1 month later...

Honestly, while both sides have their ups and downs, I am a supporter of citizens allowed to own guns.

Criminals will always have access to guns, legally or not, and a criminal being the only one packing a little firepower in ANY situation is incredibly dangerous for the law-abiding citizen. But if the law-abiding citizen possesses a gun as well, that gives them the ability to effectively fight back against the bank robber, the rapist, the murderer, or the desperate back-alley mugger. Yes, criminals will have a more convenient access to guns, but they would end up with them eventually anyway. If, when people apply to own a gun, it turns out they have a criminal record of anything more severe then a few traffic stops, automatically refuse to give them the gun license. This will not ensure only good people get the guns, but it will stop a few of the seddier people from getting weapons.

My view on the second amendment probably would fly here like a lead balloon. However I recently visited Alaska where there is rarely a person or group of people that don't have firearms of some kind in any situation. My friend convinced me to come shooting at the range...and I found I liked it and was...a natural (I should have known.)

My issue is that it is so EASY to get a gun in the United States. I believe getting a gun should be much more difficult and that there should be much more training and instruction on gun use and safety. I also think that firearm laws should be a bit tightened. Some folks really shouldn't own a gun.

So raise taxes on gun and ammo purchases a bit, get some folks (former police, etc) that are out of jobs now and have them do the training and such. Make completing the training something that has to happen BEFORE the purchase with maybe a re-certification every five years or so. Won't weed out all the stupid but it may help some.

My view on the second amendment probably would fly here like a lead balloon. However I recently visited Alaska where there is rarely a person or group of people that don't have firearms of some kind in any situation. My friend convinced me to come shooting at the range...and I found I liked it and was...a natural (I should have known.)

My issue is that it is so EASY to get a gun in the United States. I believe getting a gun should be much more difficult and that there should be much more training and instruction on gun use and safety. I also think that firearm laws should be a bit tightened. Some folks really shouldn't own a gun.

So raise taxes on gun and ammo purchases a bit, get some folks (former police, etc) that are out of jobs now and have them do the training and such. Make completing the training something that has to happen BEFORE the purchase with maybe a re-certification every five years or so. Won't weed out all the stupid but it may help some.

Lisnpuppy, do you know how much ammunition prices have risen in the last three four years?..they have tripled...so I think I'll take a pass on new taxes on ammo.

As have the prices of necessities like eggs, gasoline and clothing. As most of us don't live where a bear may bite our faces off I do not see ammo as a necessity but a luxury. The money for my plan needs to come from somewhere...and as the next dictator of the universe that is where I plan to appy it.

:P

As have the prices of necessities like eggs, gasoline and clothing. As most of us don't live where a bear may bite our faces off I do not see ammo as a necessity but a luxury. The money for my plan needs to come from somewhere...and as the next dictator of the universe that is where I plan to appy it.

:P

Having said you recently visited Alaska I think if you asked them they might say that ammunition is mildly essential especially with you get a tad close to a polar bear.

Bite off your face? Is that how southern bears do you in? Up north our bears have a totally different approach. :laugh:

Yes, West Virginian Black Bears do indeed, bite one's face off. At least that is what the one I saw in my back yard about a year ago told me. The fox I saw was more reluctant to discuss the situation.

:tongue:

The problem is, at least according to the experience that we have had in a country with some of the tightest gun controls in the western world, is that Flipout6 is right - the criminals would get guns anyway. That and the controls are not always applied consistently. We recently had a legal firearms holder go loopy with his gun, despite the fact that his friends and family had reported their concerns about his mental state to the local police, who were the licensing authority, but they didn't give a monkeys. As it stands, were I to give a burglar both barrels, I would be in deep doodoo. If he were to do similar to me, it would all be to do with his deprived background, poor lamb, according to his counsel.

The problem is, at least according to the experience that we have had in a country with some of the tightest gun controls in the western world, is that Flipout6 is right - the criminals would get guns anyway. That and the controls are not always applied consistently. We recently had a legal firearms holder go loopy with his gun, despite the fact that his friends and family had reported their concerns about his mental state to the local police, who were the licensing authority, but they didn't give a monkeys. As it stands, were I to give a burglar both barrels, I would be in deep doodoo. If he were to do similar to me, it would all be to do with his deprived background, poor lamb, according to his counsel.

Yep. And THAT is what needs to change. Break in to my house? Expect to be carried out in a bag. And I shouldn't have ANY legal entanglements to deal with afterwards. The criminals have more rights than the law abiding citizens.