Guns or not Guns

hoofhearted4

93 members have voted

1. 1. Should citizens be allowed to have Guns

• Yes
    • No

Regardless, legally acquiring a full automatic m60, would not really be something that rotten scum can do. Probably wouldn't even be able to feed it much either.

I don't know why M60s have become the subject of fascination, but the point is: they're criminals. They don't legally acquire anything.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd be surprised what I notice about people. You can stop trying to paint me as a non-gun owner, or as if I don't support gun ownership. Many people support gun ownership. Not many people support open carry.

What I see is a trend toward unhealthy lifestyles, irresponsibility, mental and bodily illness, entitlement, and incivility.

Not the generation I want to see brandishing weapons when they're pissed off at the customer service counter, or they didn't get the cole slaw with their happy meal.

And I bet your parents would say the same about the generation after them, and your grandparents of the generation following them, etc.

You are in england, are you not? I think a lot of it is about culture. By and large, those that have lived with extremely strict laws regarding gun ownership, have an entirely different attitude than those that have not.

I support gun ownership, and I support the right to carry. Open, or concealed, should the choice of the carrier. If you look at the compiled information, you will find few, if any, instances where a LICENSED gun possessor committed a crime with that weapon. When Gabrielle Giffords was shot, several CIVILIANS with weapons subdued the shooter, none of them fired a shot, a couple of them didn't even draw their weapons. Just because you ARE armed, doesn't REQUIRE you to fire your weapon at any available opportunity.

Er ...HeyYou...I am in England, not myrmaad.

And I think our restrictive gun laws (Some of the strictest in the world) are totally ridiculous and benefit only the criminals who ignore them anyway. I am a country yokel who has been brought up with guns, although I do not own one myself at the present time. The hoops you have to jump through just to be allowed to take even a 20 bore game gun by car from your gun cabinet to the shoot just beggar belief - the shells have to be locked in a separate car safe to the gun, yadda yadda.

The criminals meanwhile can do their Dirty Harry/Rambo stunts, whilst our totally legitimate and btw world class UK shooting team cannot train for the Olympics we are hosting in six months time in their own country, because of the ludicrous carry restrictions.

I agree with you HeyYou that the vast majority of legal permit holders have vast respect for what a gun can potentially do and would draw as a last resort if all else fails. As to the point of being brought up in a culture of strict controls, it has certainly not convinced me that they are the right thing to have. Quite the opposite, for they favour the criminal who will never obey any rules.

I dont want every rotten punk running around with an m60.

cant happen. fully auto guns are illegal. regardless....if you have a handgun that misfires and shoots two bullets, you can get into a lot of trouble for that.

but that right there is what people seem to get in their heads. if everyone could carry a gun, youd be the sensible one and just have a regular 9mm or what have you, while the mean ppl would carry AK-47s and RPGs.

Please quit saying that. Fully automatic weapons are NOT illegal in the US. You can buy ANY fully automatic weapon manufactured/imported before... '86? I think it was, free and clear, no issues. Otherwise you just need licensing from the ATF, which isn't all that complicated, just takes a lot of time, background checks, and makes you subject to a questionably legal search at any time the ATF so decides for any reason the ATF so decides, but I've never been searched and I've had mine for a few years, and make purchases regularly.

However, you can get bump-fire compatible AR-15, that essentially allow extremely high Rate of Fire on a semi-automatic, simulating fully-automatic fire, that technically isn't fully automatic fire. It's the closest thing to a loophole that the gun world has to offer.

Also, 'mean people', as you said, already carry AKs and RPGs. Cartels, the big gangs in the US, they have this stuff. Not en masse, mind you, but they have it. As for double-feeds, if that happens... you should definitely have your gun checked, because something is very wrong, or you tried to make some illegal modifications and failed.

no your right. we went over that in the beginning of the thread, i had forgotten.

by mean people, im not referring to the mafia or some gang. against those people, a gun wont do you much good because they have numbers and probably a lot more experience with guns and possibly killing then you do....im talking about the low life who would try to rob your house or steal your car.

and, its not necessarily somethings horribly wrong with your gun. it just means its a misfire. it jammed, and you didnt expel the cartridge, so when you went to fire again ti fired two shots or what have you. it can happen...happened to my uncle. he just didnt get caught lol.

Relating to Auto weapons, if you go to a Gun Show, the conversion kits are only a stones throw away from their semi-auto versions. I'm going to break ranks with the "I want a MG-30 etc.' group, there is almost no reason for civilian use. If used for self defense you will be violating imminent threat portion of the castle law, being that the set up would indicate premeditation. If used for hunting, then totally illegal. If used for tin cans then a total waste of money. If anyone just can't live without being able to fire one then there is a solution....join the services.

You have to have a federal permit to own ANY fully automatic weapon.......

This is not true. You do not have to have a permit to own a pre-86 full auto weapon. You do have to have a $200 tax stamp. The gun has to be registered and you have jump through all sorts of hoops. But a permit is fairly different than a tax stamp.

If used for tin cans then a total waste of money.

So is playing video games. Don't even start with such a horribly subjective statement like that. Everything is a waste of money to someone else. I have a friend with a ridiculously awesome job, she has no car. Not because she can't afford, she most definitely can. But she feels that it is a waste of money. Everything is subjective. What you might find to be a waste of money, someone else might feel was money well spent.

You have to have a federal permit to own ANY fully automatic weapon.......

This is not true. You do not have to have a permit to own a pre-86 full auto weapon. You do have to have a $200 tax stamp. The gun has to be registered and you have jump through all sorts of hoops. But a permit is fairly different than a tax stamp.

If used for tin cans then a total waste of money.

So is playing video games. Don't even start with such a horribly subjective statement like that. Everything is a waste of money to someone else. I have a friend with a ridiculously awesome job, she has no car. Not because she can't afford, she most definitely can. But she feels that it is a waste of money. Everything is subjective. What you might find to be a waste of money, someone else might feel was money well spent.

Ok. feeder line clips cost about $15 per 100 unit, you will need at least six, 50 rounds boxes- $40. Rate of fire for MG-30..600-800 rpm....lets works that out. Roughly $570 for one minute of fun, if you have your own tap set we can lower that to $280 providing you actually know what the hell you are doing and don't blow yourself up in the process or the weapon in firing mode. Now lets compare that with your example..a video game....$40 for 200 plus hours of entertainment. Have you actually ever fired an MG of any type? Unless you have, then your perception of the enjoyment factor is very subjective or speculative. You really must have far more disposable income than I, and I thought owning an ocean worthy sloop was somewhat a frivolous use of money. :whistling:

I thought owning an ocean worthy sloop was somewhat a frivolous use of money. :whistling:

And you just made my point for me. Bravo. ;)

Not quite, I have had years of fun with the Pegasus, sailed two oceans and several seas and never needed an ATF permit to do any of it, or be on their watch list. On a cost per minute basis I'm way far ahead of you in being frugal.

Edited by Aurielius

I thought owning an ocean worthy sloop was somewhat a frivolous use of money. :whistling:

And you just made my point for me. Bravo. ;)

Not quite, I have had years of fun with the Pegasus, sailed two oceans and several seas and never needed an ATF permit to do any of it, or be on their watch list. On a cost per minute basis I'm way far ahead of you in being frugal.

And I love my trucks, planes, guns, pool, billiards, fireworks and video games. All of those cost money and there will always be people that think they're a waste.

Your arguments about how it's better to own a boat because your rights as a gun owner are being infringed simply do not make any sense. You do not need an ATF permit, nor do you need ATF permission to own a full auto weapon. You need the permission of your local Sheriff, except when you don't(let's not get into a discussion on that right now), and you need a tax stamp which costs $200.

As for watch lists, I can just about guarantee that you're on several already. And all I know about you is that you own guns and are a veteran.