Which is better Fallout 3 or Fallout New Vegas?

kieranbhoy

Which Is Better Fallout 3 Or Fallout New Veags?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better: Fallout 3 Or Fallout New Veags? Give reasons

• Fallout 3
    • Fallout New Vegas
    • Both
    • None

I know i posted this before but i didn't add a poll and i think this is a better, more popular place.

No flaming please,

Please choose one and write why you like it better.

For me it would be Fallout 3 because:

Storyline

Fallout 3's storyline was very good it really made it feel like an RPG because you played the start of the game as a baby and then child knowing your dad then the main game starts when you need to hunt him down and then he dies and you must not let his project run out.

While NV's storyline is about a random man who gets shot and you try to figure out who you are and then hunt him down and once you do you go with one faction and take over Vegas....pretty random.

Quests

Fallout 3 had main quests and some side quests not that much to do..this i dont like.

NV has lots of main quests,side quests and faction quests which is good

Setting

3's setting was awesome it was the 1st Falllout game i played and its what made fallout my best game serious becuase of the big,rundown,sad and depressing setting it had with ruins everywhere, people die, fire ect

NV's setting was pretty clean it had the nice big clean and secure Strip, clean goodsprings ect. To me its like a cowboy setting with robots and lasers

Now for me the best game would be:

One like F3 with a big open depressing setting with lots of characters each with lots of quests along with the main quest and after you complete story mode you can still play and build up your character.

With NV's ADS and guns and attachments then it would be awesome

Now give me your ideas

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New Vegas is better because it's more like a game

Fallout 3 is better because the immersion is deeper

Yes exactly my opinion, also I find that New Vegas is way tooooo easy, my F3 character is a heck of a lot tougher and would turn my New Vegas character into swiss cheese.

I absolutely love the thrill of the downtown D.C area and skulking through the streets and the buildings, I just wish they had more of them and filled with Trogs ... in The Pitt DLC

you have that kind of feel when you enter one building filled with Trogs ... that's tense, that's what New Vegas lacks mostly, the tightening of the .......... !

Guess I am in the minority.

I like new vegas better. I guess its due to the improved game play and minor new features added. I always have seen new vegas as more of a expansion then fo4. I guess I like it more because I have played fo3 so much that there is nothing left to do.

I like Fallout New Vegas better because of all the quests, weapons,ammo and faction gear.

I like Fallout 3 better because of the real Fallout feel after all fallout does mean:

Fallout is the residual radiation hazard from a nuclear explosion, so called because it "falls out" of the atmosphere after the explosion. It commonly refers to the radioactive dust created when a nuclear weapon explodes. This radioactive dust, consisting of hot particles, is a kind of radioactive contamination. It can lead to the contamination of ground and the animal food chain.

Which I don't see in the wonderful Animal and plant growing Vegas, Not to mention the strip.

But I still like NV better.

New Vegas is better because it's more like a game

Fallout 3 is better because the immersion is deeper

Yes exactly my opinion, also I find that New Vegas is way tooooo easy, my F3 character is a heck of a lot tougher and would turn my New Vegas character into swiss cheese.

I absolutely love the thrill of the downtown D.C area and skulking through the streets and the buildings, I just wish they had more of them and filled with Trogs ... in The Pitt DLC

you have that kind of feel when you enter one building filled with Trogs ... that's tense, that's what New Vegas lacks mostly, the tightening of the .......... !

Exactly! Also, In NV there was too much plant life and wildlife and also too much fresh water and civilisation.

Not to mention the crazy barter system: I had 100k + at like level 18 with no cheats

Lastly, Not being able to play after the game was a big let down I mean what's the use in building up a character just to give up?

I like Fallout New Vegas better because of all the quests, weapons,ammo and faction gear.

I like Fallout 3 better because of the real Fallout feel after all fallout does mean:

Fallout is the residual radiation hazard from a nuclear explosion, so called because it "falls out" of the atmosphere after the explosion. It commonly refers to the radioactive dust created when a nuclear weapon explodes. This radioactive dust, consisting of hot particles, is a kind of radioactive contamination. It can lead to the contamination of ground and the animal food chain.

Which I don't see in the wonderful Animal and plant growing Vegas, Not to mention the strip.

But I still like NV better.

All true......Apart from the part where you said NV was better. ;D