Need a new PC

MizerD

Ok so a freak accident has killed my PC and I am going to get a new one. I am a PS3 guy and have only really played RPG's on PC but I'm planning on doing a lot more gaming on PC and I’d like to get something that wont hold me back from getting the best out of up and coming games. So I’m going on friends advice that you get more bang for ur buck if I build a PC.

Now my dilemma is, I don’t know the first thing about building PC's so I went to this site cyberpowersystem.co.uk to see what i could put together, so for £1357.20 (Thats including bloody 20% tax :verymad: ) I came up with this:

•CPU: Intel® Core™ i7 2600K Quad Core 3.4GHz 8MB cache LGA1155 + HD Graphics ***Overclockable XXX***

•HDD: 1TB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16M Cache Hard Drive (Single Hard Drive)

•MEMORY: 8GB (2x4GB) PC10666 DDR3/1333mhz Dual Channel Memory (Kingston Value Brand)

•MOTHERBOARD: GigaByte GA-Z68A-D3-B3 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ Intel Smart Response Technology & 7.1 Dolby Home Theater Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, 2x SATA-III RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 3 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI ***Overclockable XXX***

•SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

•VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 2GB 16X PCIe Video Card (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)

EDIT: I forgot these too

•CASE: CoolerMaster Elite 310 Mid Tower Gaming Case with see-thru side panel

•COOLING: Asetek 510LC / Xtremegear Liquid Cooling system w/ 120mm Radiator (Asetek CPU Water Cooling ***Overclockable XXX***)

•OPTICAL DRIVE: LG BH10LS30 10X Blu-Ray Rewriter & 16X DVD±R/±RW Drive

•MONITOR: Asus 27" VE278Q, 2ms, Full HD, D-Sub, DVI, HDMI, Display Port, Int Speakers, Black LED Monitor

SO, if anyone could help me decide if this is good value for money, or suggest anything better I’d be very grateful

Thanks in advance!

Edited by MizerD

Hi,

well, i think it isn't bad and 1300£ is the price. If you want to save some money maybe you can change the cpu from a i7 to a i5, but to be honest i wouldn't do that. Another big part is the graphic card, the HD 6870 with 2GB memory is the counterpart, but i don't think you can save something with changing it, but i think it is worth having a look in your store ;). Well, do you need a BlueRay Rewriter?, i would cut this, if you need an optical drive take a simple DVD drive for 15£, same thing with liquid cooling.

The 27" Asus is nice, but there are other 27" monitors out there, have a look around in your shop which other 27" are available.

Sarah

Hi,

well, i think it isn't bad and 1300£ is the price. If you want to save some money maybe you can change the cpu from a i7 to a i5, but to be honest i wouldn't do that. Another big part is the graphic card, the HD 6870 with 2GB memory is the counterpart, but i don't think you can save something with changing it, but i think it is worth having a look in your store ;). Well, do you need a BlueRay Rewriter?, i would cut this, if you need an optical drive take a simple DVD drive for 15£, same thing with liquid cooling.

The 27" Asus is nice, but there are other 27" monitors out there, have a look around in your shop which other 27" are available.

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for your comment. Your quite right i dont think I do need a rewriter, and come to think of it i dont need blueray at all becaust i have the PS3 for that. So thanks for pointing that out :thumbsup:

I'll take ur advice and have a look for other Monitors, could save a pretty penny if im lucky.

The Z68 chipset isn't really necessary if you're not going to get an SSD, the whole Z68 thing is about an SSD cache to speed it up, so you will be looking at quite a price difference between a P67 for example to a Z68 which you wouldn't get the advantage of.

Will that website send it pre-assembled? I personally wouldn't suggest getting a water cooler that requires any large amount of assembling yourself (like a water block or whatever) when you haven't built one before.

Could you post the prices for the individual components?

Oh and btw smoooth you got all the girls coming to your rescue lol.

Ok so first of all im not a PC guy (yet) so...

The Z68 chipset isn't really necessary if you're not going to get an SSD, the whole Z68 thing is about an SSD cache to speed it up, so you will be looking at quite a price difference between a P67 for example to a Z68 which you wouldn't get the advantage of.

...What does that mean?

Yes it would be sent assembled. Yeah i agree im to used to plumbing on and industrial scale! dont think i can manage a water cooler for a pc ;)

I'll try and get the individual price list.

Oh and btw smoooth you got all the girls coming to your rescue lol.

Lol this cant be helped! they seem to like nice guys :laugh:

...What does that mean?

I'm sure I explained it? Basically if you don't plan on getting a Solid-state-harddrive, the Z68 is pointless and generally they cost £50-£100 more than a P67 chipset which is good an cheaper.

Also if you do get that MOBO then get GSkillz or Corsair RAM it works better.

Yes it would be sent assembled. Yeah i agree im to used to plumbing on and industrial scale! dont think i can manage a water cooler for a pc ;)

I'll try and get the individual price list.

That good that you need it pre-assembled eh? Lol. Awwwww don't worry I won't rub it in.....muchly :-).

Lol this cant be helped! they seem to like nice guys :laugh:

................. not that much I can't kick your arse on Shogun cos you have no PC, when you get this PC and get STW and I kill you, we can be friends then :thumbsup: lol

Erik pretty much said it all. going from an i7 to an i5 will save you around $100 (US, sorry dont know UK) i7 is more for video rendering and whatnot because of its hyper threading. games done really use cores so and i5 will do exactly what an i7 does for gaming, but cheaper

27" monitor is huge. i would also recommend a 24" if not smaller. i have a 23" and its plenty. anything bigger is wider then your field of vision.

you already have a PS3 so blu ray drive not needed.

you can spend that saved money if you want on a higher GPU if you want, though a 560 will serve you just fine, or you can spend the money on a good 64gb or 128gb or whatever SSD. up to you.

I have tip for monitor: If you have good tv with hdmi, use it as monitor. Just buy hdmi-cable and tv-table with wheels, if you need to move tv around a bit. Easiest is to put computertable 90 degrees from sofa (or wherever u watch tv from) and just turn tv 90 dgerees to use it as monitor. i myself have 32" full hd tv as monitor and it's just great. :biggrin: Way to safe money!