Beta Advice

Gracinfields

First off the only way to adjsut the graphics settings is to actually be inside a match. Once you load in you may need to hit escape a few times (note you must have actually spawned first) to get the main menu up. Once there you can adjust your settings and what not. Also to note even on the lowest Graphics settings this game looks amazing.

From what I have been doing it seems that a lot of the starting weapons are pretty good and the way the game is set up you will likely stick to them for awhile as you have to unlock all 20 attachments via kills, at least it isn't kill streaks or anything like that just strait kills. For the first 100 kills it 10 kills per unlock and it seems after 100 its 25 not sure 4 kills from the 125 kill unlock on my M16. The starting weapons are faction specific weapons but the unlock weapons are global at least. There are no vehicles in the beta as it seems the only vehicle that was on this map in alpha was pulled as it only served a purpose in stage one.

Also you might want to show bodies you see laying on the ground just incase it does seem that some times bodies do glitch and look dead but the person is very much alive.

im on PS3 version, but is there spotting for you guys. on PS3 it was Select for bfbc2 and im pressing it like crazy to spot ppl (like a good teammate should be doing, esp a recon) and i dont see any little orange arrows popping up on guys like they should.

also big maps, and once again, assault rifles are better with scopes at long range sniping then actual sniper rifles. ive one a few 1v1 battles with that scenario but not many. they just burst fire, while i get some good kick back and ya, it sucks lol, and at short range, again kick back kills the sniper compared to any assault rifle...ill just have to keep practicing with them i guess.

but on the big maps note, a lot of ppl just chillin in bushes or around a corner. killing you long before you can see them, and bushes and corners arent destructible (as far as i can tell) so they can chill there for quite sometime.

you also seem to die faster then you did in bfbc2. either more bullet dmg or less health. but i usually die as soon as i get that red hit marker on my screen telling me where someone is. and in combination with all the bushes, you dont usually know where someone is. save for the kill screen showing you roughly.

these are more things that are just different from bfbc2 and you (i) need to get used to more then anything. FEELS a little bit difference then bfbc2 imo. (and yes i know, its not related to bfbc2, just saying since its the most recent once im sure everyone played)

still fun none the less. waiting for my friends to get in the open beta so i can play with someone. i hate playing competitive without someone to talk to or at least play with, but mostly hate not having someone to talk to. even if it wasnt a friend, id like to have someone on my team with a mic, cause you (i) work so much better when youre communicating.

>> Also you might want to show bodies you see laying on the ground just incase it does seem that some times bodies do glitch and look dead but the person is very much alive. <<

one of the things to get used to with all the prone bodies i guess.

Edited by hoofhearted4

Yea scope glint is lower but still quite noticeable at range. Spotting is still in and for the pc its defaulted to q like BC2 however not many people hit that button. I have come across some people who can sure as heck snipe and deal with counter snipers extremely quick even with the scope glint point right to their hiddy hole. Bushes are destroyable via direct grenade impact.

ya, u couldnt really do that on the console version. me and a friend tested it out, and rarely will you get a spot marker across map to someone you cant see. we even set it up when i knew where he was (in a bush) and id stare where he was and mash select and never get a hit marker.

idk if it was more touchy on PC or what.....

but i love the 3D hit marker. i love playing recon, and some situations call for me to just sit back (though i love being up front with Recon) and i suck at long range sniping, its more luck then anything if i hit something from a distance (im decent at middle range sniping though) so i usually just mark ppl and then take shots. marking cause i know i wont hit him, but still shooting just in case lol.

even on front lines, ive gotten into a habit of almost always spotting then shooting. even if i lose, i usually get points.

and i know prone was in the original Battlefield games, which i never played (BFBC2 was the only one i ever played) but personally im not a fan of it. a lot of people just prone in a bush and you dont stand a chance, makes being an attacker on Rush very hard (and i hate Rush anyways)..almost every time im killed it was from someone who was prone...a lot of people just chill and wait and it makes the game very boring. i hope there are more house maps in BF3, cause then you had to run. this Metro map where the first part is one big battlefield with a bunch of spots to prone camp is not what id like to see a lot of. not liking prone so far.

Edited by hoofhearted4

Seems its even more campy on the console version then the PC version. Once people get the smoke launcher things might easy up abit. Is Metro on the console a bit buggy like people falling though the world during stage one? If so that might be part of the issue of getting killed by people you don't see. It does seems depending on the team your on they either push hard and attempt to keep the momentum of the match or you get on the team that pushes till they it a brick wall then they sit around with a thumb up their arse. So far the best of that map is the two stages in the subway and the final stage at the other end. Its absolutely fun to bring rubble down on peoples heads. Edited by Gracinfields

there were a couple of times, this guy killed me more then once, and it just showed a dead body in a building somewhere. other then that i havent encountered many bugs i dont think.

ya my favorite is inside the metro. i hate that first part :P and the last part isnt as bad either...but ive nevr ben a fan of Rush. i stick to TDM and Capture the Flag. camping is less prominent in those.

and like i said, snipers just arent as good i dont feel. the kickback on the SVD is humungous and it loses 1v1 to almost every gun at any range. i want my god damn bolt action :P