I'm sorry, say wha?1?!

LeopoldCrank

I've had to start staying away from RPGCodex lately for this very reason. they were making me turn against Skyrim and I don't want that. I finally figured out that in their opinion every TES game except Daggerfall sucks, and there's some who think all of Bethesda's games suck. I may not have liked Oblivion as much as Morrowind, but I sill liked it, and I'm pretty sure I'll like Skyrim, too.

Well...since Oblivion is the game that made them popular he won´t call it a bad game :biggrin:

I personally don´t know wether it was really worse than Morrowind since I never played morrowind (yes, I know someone will tell me to do so as soon as possible :wink:) but from what I have heard so far Skyrim does not seem to be worse than Oblivion (the removal of attributes is sad but I will first play the game to find out if it was a bad idea).

Streamlining is always good as long as you don´t remove the depth and fun of it.

And from what i have heard Skyrim is more similiar to Morrowind than Oblivion was.

Todd Howard, game director and executive producer of Bethesda Game Studios, has said that the improvements made in their upcoming RPG sequel, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, are just as significant as Oblivion was to Morrowind.

In a recent interview with PC Gamer, Howard said that the level of changes made were "about the same.”

That basically infers that its being mainstreamed. And, regardless of which you prefer, Oblivion or Morrowind, if he declares well and truly and Oblivion was an improvement on Morrowind, then to say that Skyrim is an improvement on Oblivion means that it will be mainstreamed even more so.

What the fudge Todd?!?!

It really is better than Oblivion. And I never liked Oblivion that much tbh.

There are a couple things I don't agree with for sure. But from my limited play and the info so far, imo it isn't really dumbed down more then Ob was. It might be considered mainstreamed though, everything is kinda accessible and laid out in a trendy way.Not sure how gimmicky some of the game systems are going to be after 12hrs...

The world appears much more immersive and the level design is much better all around. Tech is better. If the story is any good, it should be a very decent improvement over Ob. Maybe heralding a return to grace for TES... kinda. :whistling:

These types of comments are not meant to be read into by the fanbase .. they are press releases and made so that "joe gamer" sees it and thinks "oh! .. I remember oblivion .. its was that massive RPG a few years back that my friends talked about .. derp.. I like vikings too <:P"

The obsessive dragon marketing and simple quick quotes like these are made for the general gamer and not the fans .. your reading way way WAY to much into it.

I like what you said about that. It's pretty much true too. Bethesda knows it has a huge fan base and they only need to say "We're working on a new Elder Scrolls game" and the vast majority of them are already in their hands. They say all the extra non-needed things in order to attract the new players. :thumbsup:

I've had to start staying away from RPGCodex lately for this very reason. they were making me turn against Skyrim and I don't want that. I finally figured out that in their opinion every TES game except Daggerfall sucks, and there's some who think all of Bethesda's games suck. I may not have liked Oblivion as much as Morrowind, but I sill liked it, and I'm pretty sure I'll like Skyrim, too.

Think that's bad, hang around tabletop gamers: Some of the more zealous ones believe the entire concept of video games is a cancer and have nothing but contempt for people who want to kill monsters in a tabletop game instead of dress in costumes and talk in accents.

Think that's bad, hang around tabletop gamers: Some of the more zealous ones believe the entire concept of video games is a cancer and have nothing but contempt for people who want to kill monsters in a tabletop game instead of dress in costumes and talk in accents.

Ever read this?

I play tabletop, and I don't think that... I have been playing tabletop RPGs since I was 8... so that makes about 17 years now. :armscrossed: