Anyone else dissappointed?

Korodic

They had them in Morrowind, which was an all around perfect game.

Sure, Morrowind has bad graphics compared to the eye candy that we've seen in the screenshots of Skyrim... but Todd Howard was saying that they were almost a waste of time. That's how it felt to me anyways after looking through some reading on it. I really found that disappointing. I love having a variety of weapons produced by the developers (usually less buggy than modded ones). Also, they existed in TES lore, how does this kind of tech just disappear?

Think about it... it isn't killing an enemy that makes you happy and brag to your friends... it's how you kill 'em.

Don't you want crossbows, spears, & throwing knives?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nope .. I dont care .. what they are doing with skyrim is good and if they had to write in new code for dealing with other weapon types "maybe not crossbows" but spears and throwing knives .. they would have less time to work on "imo" more importatant imerssive things .. as well as the modelers needing to make a lot more weapons when I am already expecting unique looks for some of the rarer loot .. I hate seeing some special sword that has great stats but looks exctly like every other steel sword.

I hate seeing some special sword that has great stats but looks exctly like every other steel sword.

I 100% agree, this aggravated me to no end in Oblivion...

but I was pretty much saying that Morrowind achieved this AND had other weapons.

EDIT: Also they have throwing knives in Fallout, they should be able to look at one way it was done and rewrite a new version (based on the old one) for this engine.

Edited by Skibblets

Yeah, I made a thread a while back about several such things I am dissapointed with. To many new comers to the franchise it's no big deal but those of us who have been playing TES since 2002 it is dssapointing to see each new installment bring better graphics but have less features and come closer to being another console action game.

Spears aren't really a big deal.

Though I did expect crossbows to be in, it's been 200 years after Oblivion I assumed the technology evolved at least a bit.

Not a big deal though, we got dual wielding in return. (And an improved spell system, improved stealth gameplay, improved archery...)