The most enjoyable experience.

hejpadig

I know that there are several threads discussing which platform you will be getting Skyrim on. And I decided to actually make a new thread instead of writing this in the information thread, let's face it, it would've gotten like one reply and then the topic would've changed. Anyways, I have a dilemma; we want to buy it on the PC for the mods, the better graphics and because most of us are used to Oblivion on the PC, and it won't be that different control-wise I guess. The thing is, the game is primarily designed for xbox, and it seems to be working really nice on the box, considering Oblivion was a disaster at the xbox. I know some people will be getting some sort of xbox controller which can be used for the PC's for maximal experience.

But the question is, will the mouse be more satisfying than the (Yes, I mean that in every way possible) xbox controller with the triggers? Let's put aside the fact that you can use some sort of xbox controller for the PC just now. I've been thinking which will be the nicest, to aim with your bow, to cast the spells, to explore the world and so on, basically enjoying the game at large. Which of the two options will be most enjoyable? most people I know have some sort of cozy xbox area, while the PC basically is on a desk with a chair, you can of course change however you like it, but the fact that you can just sit back and relax with your simple controller is tempting, when you think about the keyboard and mouse.

I still can't decide which of the ones I will get.

its a bit odd this time around isn't it? .. when you really picture the controls its hard to see them working as well on the keyboard/mouse as they did with oblivion/F3 .. the coversations look like you will have to use w,s keys since you can look around with your mouse .. the dual weapon thing is gonna be a little strange with the right and left mouse clicks but shouldn't be to bad.. Ive always been a fan of thumbsticks personally and I will be using my 360 remote on my PC "doesnt take some special remote btw just needs a corded 360 control*

PS3 controls should be exactly the same 360 aside from different looks

Edited by jedimembrain

THe main reason people dislike using it on the Xbox is not that it's being designed for the Xbox makes it worse to play on the PC, but equal on the Xbox. The PC has a lot of design and control options that should be available but simply aren't. It will control just like an XBox game with all of its scrolling through menus one item at a time fun.

THe main reason people dislike using it on the Xbox is not that it's being designed for the Xbox makes it worse to play on the PC, but equal on the Xbox. The PC has a lot of design and control options that should be available but simply aren't. It will control just like an XBox game with all of its scrolling through menus one item at a time fun.

is it weird that I like that a lot more? :/

I really think that it will work better with mouse and keyboard.

Notice how slow the camera movement in the gameplay videos was.

@jedimembrain

You will still choose dialogue options with your mouse, because you can't move your camera when you first enter dialogue, it's locked.

To move the camera you have to press a button, that then unlocks the camera from the NPC you are talking to, the dialogue options move away as well, but the NPC continues to talk (If he was talking).

I really think that it will work better with mouse and keyboard.

Notice how slow the camera movement in the gameplay videos was.

@jedimembrain

You will still choose dialogue options with your mouse, because you can't move your camera when you first enter dialogue, it's locked.

To move the camera you have to press a button, that then unlocks the camera from the NPC you are talking to, the dialogue options move away as well, but the NPC continues to talk (If he was talking).

I heard your movement is locked but you can move the cam around however you want when they are talking .. the button you hit lets you walk away from the conversation .. but once you hit that button you can't respond anymore .. they just keep talking till the line is up

Edited by jedimembrain

I plan on playing with a controller. Certain games work much better with a mouse and keyboard such as shooters, strategy games, mmos, and some rpgs but elder scrolls is one of those games you want to sit back and relax on your couch and play for hours not sit in front of a keyboard craning your arms up. I am an avid PC gamer and will be getting Skyrim for the PC of course but I will be pulling a recliner up to my computer and leaning back with a 360 controller when I go to play. A mouse and keyboard may be more accurate but after several hours it starts to bother my shoulders and WASD is either full sprint or dead stand still which is a pain while trying to sneak.

<snip>

I still can't decide which of the ones I will get.

Well, if you still havent decided by 10/11/11 then i'd say go with the pc version because with it on pc you have the option of using a controller, but with the xbox version you dont have the option of using a mouse and keyboard if you felt like it or wanted to try it.