The most enjoyable experience.

hejpadig

I played it with a 360 controller... and even though I have a dualshock hooked up to my PC, you know I might be playing with a mouse and keyboard.

I actually had a bit of a hard time with the 360 controller for some reason. I might try inverting the right analogue Y axis and see if that helps, looking up and down, the first thing I did was try to do it backwards :rolleyes:

pushing forward moves the camera to point up... I think I am a pull back for look up person.

I'm the exact same as Ghogiel. I can never use an xbox controller because of the unintuitiveness of it. You push a mouse forward to look down so why when you push a controller stick forward do you look up? It's the reason I always die whenever I try and play halo or any of those things.

I have problems hooking my computer up to the tv and resting my keyboard on my lap and the mouse on the arm of the chair anyway.

I played it with a 360 controller... and even though I have a dualshock hooked up to my PC, you know I might be playing with a mouse and keyboard.

I actually had a bit of a hard time with the 360 controller for some reason. I might try inverting the right analogue Y axis and see if that helps, looking up and down, the first thing I did was try to do it backwards :rolleyes:

pushing forward moves the camera to point up... I think I am a pull back for look up person.

I'm the exact same as Ghogiel. I can never use an xbox controller because of the unintuitiveness of it. You push a mouse forward to look down so why when you push a controller stick forward do you look up? It's the reason I always die whenever I try and play halo or any of those things.

I have problems hooking my computer up to the tv and resting my keyboard on my lap and the mouse on the arm of the chair anyway.

my mouse looks up when I move it up .. does that on every game by default <_< .. wait .. except third person of course .. but thats different

Edited by jedimembrain

wow.. thats oldschool ghogiel xD .. you must not play a lot of modern games on a controler? .. they all have that settup these days .. last time I played an inverted camera game was on the N64

Yup, I am old school.

the N64 was the fisrt controller with a analogue stick afaik, and quite liked it. I might not be able to test the best in golden eye and perfect dark these days, but I wasn't bad. 8)

I don't play any fps with a controller. Mouse and keyboard ftw. My last console was a PS2, I think time spitters was the only fps I had played on it.

If I am not mistaken, I have played fallout a couple times with my dualshock, and I think it maps to head tilt rather than to screen. :unsure:

Edited by Ghogiel

I'm trying to think of a reason to get this on 360, and, sorry, but I just can't think of a good reason. I have a 360 controller if I want to use that on PC, anyone with a 360 controller can use it on PC.

Steam will let you install the game on multiple machines and you won't lose the disc (since there isn't any). So, yeah, there was a reason to get Oblivion on 360 (because it was really powerful comparatively back then) but not Skyrim IMHO.

Anyone who used expanded hotkeys for Oblivion and played as a mage knows that you end up in button mashing hell, where so many keys are pressed that the keyboard gets confused. So I will be using an xbox controller, even if I get it on PC. I also find the subtlety of movement and camera control is more preferable with a controller.

If you want to use a 360 pad, why not just get a wireless one for the PC and plug your PC into your TV via the HDMI/TV out (if you have one) on your GFX card. That way you can play from your couch like you want to but with the added quality of the PC version, as well as modding capabilities. I have a wireless 360 pad which cost about £24 plus 2 rechargeable batteries made by Venom for around £10. It all works really well on the PC. Its just a plug and play device. I just dont really use my pad that much as I generally prefer mouse and keyboard. Its more for driving games than anything.

I personally will be using the mouse and keyboard. I think for sword play either would be fine for me, but for bows and magic the more accurate mouse aiming is the better option. Thats just my personal opinion obviously just do what suits you best.

xbox will be most fun gameplay but obviously PC will have mods.

I totaly agree, but there somewhere I remember Bethesda saying that the CK (Creation kit, basically the new CS) will be on the xbox and ps3 if Microsoft and Sony let them, but they will either do both or none. I hope they do pu titin then xbox will have the mods and fun gameplay. Personally i would get it for Xbox first for the fun gameplay and so you arn't tempted to mod it before beeating it, then when its all done and you have played it so much there is absolutely nothing to do then you can get it cheap for PC somewhere, then mod it? Thats what I am doing.

xbox will be most fun gameplay but obviously PC will have mods.

I totaly agree, but there somewhere I remember Bethesda saying that the CK (Creation kit, basically the new CS) will be on the xbox and ps3 if Microsoft and Sony let them, but they will either do both or none. I hope they do pu titin then xbox will have the mods and fun gameplay. Personally i would get it for Xbox first for the fun gameplay and so you arn't tempted to mod it before beeating it, then when its all done and you have played it so much there is absolutely nothing to do then you can get it cheap for PC somewhere, then mod it? Thats what I am doing.

Even if they succeed the console users would only have the vanilla game stuff to mod, they couldn´t add new meshes or textures, and probably both sony and microsoft would make people pay for mods since they would be upload in their servers.