things you found weird about cyrodiil

sleepyskye

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
I find it weird that if you attempt the crossing from Anvil to Leyaiin (by water) (with borders off) eventually you reach see through water with no bottom, mountains floating in water you can go through and flying yellow lights in the sky. Then again my character does like his moon sugar. :biggrin:

• 1 month later...
It's kinda weird that the sneaking feature is only handled through statistics, not visually. You can be in mid-dark room full of evil NPCs and these won't see you hopping around their noses, if you have high enough sneak skill.

And in the same situation you can whack and slice them with sneak attack with blade, but hell if you shoot one in group miles away, they always know exactly where you are.

Not only that's weird but also extremely annoying.

Actually, light does have an effect. If you try sneaking around in a dark ruin, you'll probably not be found. But then if you go sneaking up to a bandit holding a torch, the light from that torch may be enough for them to see you. Also, it's possible to shoot someone without being seen, chameleon helps with that.

I do believe i your sneak < 50 your shoewear also matters. Of course, my hot mystic elf chick was wearing bikinis and high heels while robbing castles blind...

On a side note: I think I mention this in Gamefaqs.com, but why on earth the Empire can't afford one working Fort??? Even an silly Imperial Colony like Morrowind have 3, With all the Fort of the Empire crumbled, what is this? Late Roman??

No wonder the mytheric Dawn was able to sneak into the Empire Capital, murder the Emperor's heirs, and made the emperor of the GOD KNOWN WORLD FLEE IN TERROR!

"I always found it strange how there is no Imperial Navy. It seems to me like there would be one to fight off pirates or whatever. And it seems strange to me how Leyawiin has no docks. Its seems like it would be a busy town being the first line between the sea and the Imperial city, as well as an important trade station." (dont knwo hwo to quote)

in the windfall mod i think it is, they mention the navy

but it hink ther eis non ebecaue they didnt really have ships sailable

• 3 weeks later...

^ That Ghostgate-thing from Morrowind that ninja_lord mentioned annoys me too. Any idiot can get over the Ghostfence, if they have a little levitation spell and even a few magicka points, or enough patience to walk and push a button and go out the Ghostgate. Yet a GOD and his minions are trapped inside?

And another thing - some animals in the game Oblivion give you pelts, some give you meat, others give you nothing at all. Some animals have pelts and no meat? So lions and bears are literally skin and bone... and rats and deer have no fur whatsoever? And then you come across some animals, that you do not find anythig on, yet they are exactly the same size and shape as others of their kind. What, some animals just have air and no meat in them?

• 3 months later...
I find it strange that these beautiful Ayleid Ruins were always filled with bandits and bad people and creatures and no fractions or family had decided to convert these places into homes or government or fraction buildings. Meanwhile, people like the Thieves Guild were sleeping in these little shacks.