things you found weird about cyrodiil

sleepyskye

Hey.......i'm not saying that it HAS to be like in real life. But since rpg's is taken by lore, mostly from europe, some of it has been changed in oblivion.

Thats what I think is wierd! I do not care if it is wrong, its just that of all that I have heard off danish history, i never heard of a count or countress in denmark. I know it is used in other countries, but here we call it kings.

Maybe im wrong, because i haven't been told otherwise before. But you know that in other rpg's we also never see a count or countress, only kings and queens.

It there more to say about this?

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey.......i'm not saying that it HAS to be like in real life. But since rpg's is taken by lore, mostly from europe, some of it has been changed in oblivion.

Thats what I think is wierd! I do not care if it is wrong, its just that of all that I have heard off danish history, i never heard of a count or countress in denmark. I know it is used in other countries, but here we call it kings.

Maybe im wrong, because i haven't been told otherwise before. But you know that in other rpg's we also never see a count or countress, only kings and queens.

It there more to say about this?

So now you're saying that it's stupid or whatever because YOU'VE never heard of it? You do realise how much of a prat you're sounding like for saying that sort of thing, right? Don't be ignorant. The Lore is mostly original, and is influenced by many things. Not just Denmark and Europe, but millions of other places, too.

Okay.......since you say that the game is all perfect, and YOU CAN NOT EVEN FIND A SINLGE THING that might be "incorrect" or "different", or since you don't even doubt of a single thing, or can't even find SMALL THING that is wierd, why are you even in this topic in the first place?

Are you one of these "competition" people, that is only out to correct other people because YOU always have to be right?

Remember this post post is about what you find wierd in oblivion, and I told what i find wierd.

Come on, even YOU gotta have SOMETHING that you find wierd in this game like everyone else, no game, and i tell ya NO GAME yet, is perfect all the way through. There might even not be a "perfect" game, somebody allways have a doubt about something.

Okay.......since you say that the game is all perfect, and YOU CAN NOT EVEN FIND A SINLGE THING that might be "incorrect" or "different", or since you don't even doubt of a single thing, or can't even find SMALL THING that is wierd, why are you even in this topic in the first place?

Are you one of these "competition" people, that is only out to correct other people because YOU always have to be right?

Remember this post post is about what you find wierd in oblivion, and I told what i find wierd.

Come on, even YOU gotta have SOMETHING that you find wierd in this game like everyone else, no game, and i tell ya NO GAME yet, is perfect all the way through. There might even not be a "perfect" game, somebody allways have a doubt about something.

There aren't that many things that I find weird about it. It seemed that all your problems with it (other than the ones that had no ground to stand on), such as your problem with bears and lions and the Daedroth, were coding based. You had problems with AI. No AI system will ever be perfect. They can make them LOOK perfect, but there will always be flaws with AI. So no, that doesn't count as weird.

What do I find weird in Oblivion?

Let's see... Unless there are artesian-like bores that draw water, there are many villages and towns, et cetera, with no water source. I find that very strange. Bruma isn't even near a water source. Same as the fort and Ayleid ruins. A lot of them have absolutely no nearby water sources... but that's it. That's all I can really think of.

I can look past it, too.

Anyway, to your points about me.

I never said Oblivion was perfect. In fact, I originally had little to no point about Oblivion whatsoever. I was merely fixing your thoughts, which were wrong. I was in this thread originally for the sole purpose of lurking. Lurking helps you find out about the general forum-goers. Then I posted. In my haste, I forgot to keep myself on-topic originally. That's okay. We had a good discussion.

Next, there is nothing wrong with being competitive. I know that I am a lot smarter than a lot of people around me in life, but I also know that there are a lot of people here that are better than me. Look at the work that they create here (mods). Some of it is brilliant.

My prowess lies in my literary skills. My grammar and spelling is almost (ALMOST) always flawless. It rarely skips a beat.

Oh, and no. Never use the phrase, "Even you have to ...". Never use that phrase. That phrase is built to fail. Sure, in your case it was true, but that phrase is stupidity incarnate. Don't use it.

Ok, so we do both agree that the discussion is over?

Finally!

Took so long for it to end, although is seems that you have a huge aspect of the hole thing about kings, counts and emperors and stuff.

I actually never thought of the water-sources.

Back to the main topic.

I also find it wierd that in the underground caves, u allways see light shining through holes in the caves. When walking in the wilderness, you never come across a hole in the ground, for the light to enter the caves. I already know that the caves would be dark without, but I don't think that goblins are stupid enough to failing in making fires and torches.

The holes are especially made by a special breed of worms. xD

Speaking of holes... xD

On Imperial Isle (around the Imperial City), I was in a cave, perhaps Dzonot Cave?, and when I got to the end, there was a big crack in the wall, and I could see through to like... a bricked corridor. I wanted to go there... on the local map it shows where it goes... That is to say, nowhere. It's there for decoration, pretty much... but I still want to go there.

Wow Cool!

I once saw 6-7 guards, chasin an argonian in bravil. I think it was the one called "City-Swimmer".

Chased the argonian all the way through the chapel, and to the mages guild. Then she ran out the streets, and I took here down, by my bow. The guards then approched me, and said I commited murder?!

Why didn't she just swim away!!! :biggrin:

OK, I used cheats to give my high elf mage HUGE magicka supplies (i got bored after beating everything) and then I created a spell that went like this:

Weakness to fire 100% for 5 seconds on touch

Weakness to Shock 100% for 5 seconds on touch

Weakness to Magicka 100% for 5 seconds on touch

Weakness to Frost 100% for 5 secnonds on touch

Fire Damage 100 for 5 seconds on touch

Shock Damage 100 for 5 seconds on touch

Damage Health 100 for 5 seconds on touch

Frost Damage 100 for 5 seconds on touch

area: 5ft

I went on that huge bridge South or North of the IC(whichever has the highwayman on it) and he tried to mug me, I gave him the cash, as he was walking away i ran up behind him and pounded him with the spell which sent him flying into an Imperial Legion guy on horseback. HOW IS THE LEGIONARE NOT DEAD! how does a flying body going at 50-70 mph NOT hurt you?

I also did this in the Palace district, but it sent the guy flying waaaaaay up high, i did this near the doors to the palace, and 5 minutes later I decided to leave, i was only a few feet from the door when BAM! the body falls down in front of me, ZA?