500 things you have learned in Oblivion

scarhunter92

893. Never in Oblivion have I seen a razor and shaving cream yet at the same time, I've never seen a beard. (Other than mods.)

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

894. Barbers are also conspicuous by their absence. Yet the hair lengths never seem to change.

895. Ditto hairdressers - but then when did you last see anyone in Oblivion change their hairstyle?

896. If someone is at home, you can't knock - you just barge in.

897. Humans eat meat raw. Goblins roast their rats...

898. Sewers exist. They have water in them. But this water doesn't appear to come from streets or roofs. And there's no indoor (OR outdoor) plumbing...

899. Mudcrabs will pursue you for miles. Ugly things, aren't they?

900. The tutorial dungeon has a little ledge with two gold coins on it. I miss it many times, and then suddenly remember and have to trek back again.

.902 The sight of dead nude corpses in the streets is not alarming to anyone. Passing guards will check for a pulse and just carry on as if nothing is wrong.

.903 Stealing an apple is punishable by death but defacing a dead person by positioning their corpse in degrading poses and unloading hundreds of arrows into them in the middle of the street is completely acceptable.

.904 All guards are clones of a single Imperial man mass produced like Stromtroopers for the purpose of cutting down apple thieves and asking random civilians if they know where Armand Christophe is.

.905 All old malnourished beggars have 8 pack abs and the body of a healthy 30 year old.

.906 After becoming a god you can still get punished for committing a crime in a realm that only exist because you will it to be so.

907: There is a random static brick outside of Bravil Chapel that you can move around, although you can't place it in your inventory, that serves no purpose, whatsoever.

908. if you manage to kill a daedra prince at the end of the invasion in the imperial city, it counts as a murder. (without a fine, i think)

909. and the newly crowned emperor still kills himself to battle absolutely nothing.

Bored today and read through the entire series of posts. Only one I disagree with is #152. There are some interesting things in the water - and not just off Anvil or Leyawin. A tiny pool of water north of Kvatch has some interesting things in it. I also recently learned that those random notes that you find (Ie: Turn east for half a mile. It's just past the big rock on the right. - or whatever the note says) are actually related to something. If you figure out the clues, the note can lead to a chest or some object, which while it may not make you rich, it is interesting to find.

911 (hehehehehe dark humor): you can put 100 arrows into someone and they still live.

912: you can become arena grand champion at level 1.

913: someone can be half vampire.

914: people don't question the fact that i'm a never before seen race called the predator.

915: aside from the sweet roll, there are only healthy foods in Cyrodil.

916: Argonian= SLAVE

Edited by waaghh