CS Persistent Reference

falcont

Hi All Falcont again

Can some one please tell me if there is a tuts on How to build a PC freindly home.

I have just about finnished an Ayleid home for myself and I think I have out done myselfe on this project, But having said that

you people may well think its Rubish. Anyway I like it and thats what counts. Putting that aside I have just Down loaded the companion Vilja Ver 3 Mod and tride to get her to sleep in a particular bed and she just walks off and steals some one elses bed.

Then on reading the read me that comes with the mod it says she will not sleep in a bed that has not been made persistent.

Dose this mean I just tick the Persistant Reference box and thats it or is there more to it than that. I know You use this box to make a bed useable only to one peticular person, and have no problem with that, but this bed is a double bed and i whant two people to use it.

The thing is in the last month the only people I have seen is me, my reflection in the monitor, the wife who shouts that theres a cup of tea on the side in the kitchen

and the ever fantastic 7 year old granddaughter who sneaks into my study and praises me because i have put her and her mothers name into this mod as two of the guird patrol, that patrole the aria, WITH there OWN beds. Oh by the way I have given

Vilja My wifes name IN MY part of the mod only. The reason I am putting this to you is, is there an indepth tuts to save asking every time a small snag comes up. Thanks for being patient anough to read this. falcont

I have not looked at how the Vilja mod is set up, but I know that usually if you want a particular NPC to use a particular piece of furniture at a particular time, you need to give that NPC a custom AI package which refers to that particular piece of furniture. (One of the steps in this process is making that piece of furniture persistent.) But mods normally don't see other mods, so if you were to go that route, you would need to merge the two mods or master one to the other, which is a real pain.

If the readme indicates that Vilja will only sleep in a persistent bed, maybe you could go make every single other bed in your house non-persistent.

All I've ever done is to click the persistent reference box and assign a custom AI sleep package that directs them to that bed. Occasionally an NPC will surprise me and go use another bed even though their's is unoccupied (at least in my personalized Aranmathi Ayleid Home). I just put it down to they're having a bad day with their roommates or want a change of scenery.

I have found that Vilja can sometimes be picky about her bed. Emma and CDCooley are very diligent at answering questions in the Companion Vilja mod comments ... I'd ask for Vilja specific instructions there.

Edited by Striker879