Think this is worth trying?

Slackyr

I'm thinking of doing a battle mage type character but using only conjured weapons. Will probably be heavy armor, shield, and then a conjured longsword or mace. Looked at some of the perks from PC gamer and wonder if putting points into the one-handed tree and then the conjuration tree to increase damage of conjured weapons. I think it will be ok but don't know if it will make up for losing out on enchanted weapons.

In past games, bound weapons and armor was really only quite useful at low levels. At some point they just aren't better than the loot you acquire. I would like to think it would be more useful this time around, I am sceptical it would be optimal for a battle mage. I agree it might be ok, but it's probably not power gaming. Kind of a shame tbh. Nearly half of conjuration is bound weapons and armor, and at some point it, in past games anyway, they are vastly superseded. Edited by Ghogiel

I doubt conjured items would be competitive in the mid to high levels. Otherwise it'd invalidate the idea of getting items for those slots.

If they had some difficult to get conjuration spell that would conjure a unique sword, then maybe it'd be worth it, but that's not likely. They haven't really had a unique spell system until now, but there's no indication that they'll have difficult to acquire spells in them.

This sounds like a nice play style: a highwayman spies a lone wanderer, weaponless and in a robe, easy money he says to himself! But when he gets near suddenly the wanderer magically becomes clad in lightning armour and wields a fiery sword of doom. Bye bye highwayman...

If the game underpowers conjured weapons you can always mod it