3 Graphical things I would love to see in Skyrim

TwiggySkyrim

So kind of like when you put a spring constraint onto a bone in 3DS max then?

the jiggle modifier sounds nearly like a spring constraint. "This modifier wiggles one or more bone sets using a mass-spring system to add a bit of "jiggle" to a character. "

Ragdolls have always been comprised of many different types of constraints. Since you know reactor in max... you should also know that Havok is a subset of reactor. Many of the constraints you find in max are exportable to games using the engine.

Cool, that'll definietely make a lot of people happy. I wonder what else people will come up with using that functionality- other than the inevitable chest and ass melons bouncing all over the place (which im not neccesarily complaining about :thumbsup: ). Maybe overweight variations of races with bouncing stomachs could be a possibility.

I guess if you really wanted to mess around with the rigs you could even make biceps and thighs jiggle slightly, might get a bit CPU/GPU/Hamster intensive though...

Yeah 'muscles' like what you have in character studio would definitely be cool.

In theory you could do it with adding a bicep bone for instance, and scaling the bone to deform the arm so it bulges, and various implementations of, however someone did that in oblivion and found out that bone scaling in character animations didn't work so well. What happened was that the scaling never reset when the animation was interrupted, for example calling another animation via control input, It would have been very useful to do breathing type animations where the chest expands. So if you were in idle and you breathed in, scaling the bones up, then transitioned to walk mid breath, your chest stayed expanded, The effect stacked, eventually it would keep getting bigger as it happened again and again .

hmm... It could be done by moving the bone instead maybe? If you pulled the bone away it would drag some of the verts with it with no need for scaling, might deform a lot though. Scaling mixed with bones almost always seems to end badly :P I guess the same thing might happen as before unless the bone had a default state included in every animation already.

hmm... It could be done by moving the bone instead maybe? If you pulled the bone away it would drag some of the verts with it with no need for scaling, might deform a lot though. Scaling mixed with bones almost always seems to end badly :P I guess the same thing might happen as before unless the bone had a default state included in every animation already.

That would work fine, well not ideal for the purpose, it wouldn't suffer from the interrupting/stacking transform issue. This bone would simply be transformed to the new position, it would only go to exactly where it was called to be in object space by any animation at any time.

The scaling is just an issue because there is no way to reset a bone scale. unless all animations that can possibly interrupt the idle are giving it a reverse transform scale in exact proportion to the scale transform it had when it was interrupted during the idles scaling. which is impossible to tell it to do such a precise thing in past games.

if you were simply giving the bone a transform other than scale, the bone would just be positioned exactly where the current animation would tell it to be, there is no interruption there, if a new animation is called to interrupt the current animation, the bone would just be moved to a new position according to where the new animation that is controlling the bone puts it. And all verts weighted to that bone are just along for the ride.

Scaling with bones works fine. It's when you have complex character sets that it goes bonkers. If you were doing doors or scene animation it would be grand. Even death sequences would be fine. It's when interruptions and multiple new animation options are possible, that the scaling cannot be controlled well.

Edited by Ghogiel

For me is enough if the faces don't look like mutants and if when you use an armor you don't look as if you put on a barrel.

PC user have easy, you can use a mod to make body/armors better or better faces, but we console user must deal with the raw game.