just cancelled my preorder

frakle

I still found it funny yesterday. There was a delightful christmas noob in the server that my clan runs. He had a sniper rifle out, as did i. His semi auto bullets are falling at my feet, i take one carefully aimed bolt action shot and OHK him. He calls hacks on me, because his crosshair was straight over my face and i didnt die. 5 minutes later, he left the server :) All this, however, was amidst a torrent of rage filled words about other players that killed him, then came that his reload was too slow, and finally, right before he left, 'TOO MUCH RECOIL THIS GAME SUCKS'

CoD kids I mentioned in my above post.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading over the thread. You guys do know that bad company and bad company 2 are not "real" Battlefield games right? They are a huge step towards the Modern Warfare thing from their formers Battlefield 1942 and the crown jewel of the franchise: Battlefield 2.

BC removed proper squad and command structure, game provided VOIP, and proper admin tooling. It also compressed maps down to a meat grinder rather than leaving any of them large enough for tactical options.

Now I did play BF3 alpha and beta, and decided not to get it as its far more a BC3 than a true BF3. It lacks squad and command structure. Plays tight maps with little in the way of tactical options, and really just does the same thing modern warfare and bad company do, which is play to long range camping and solo play.

Now I would love for DICE to get its head out of its arse and bring back a real battlefield game, but apparently they abandoned the core fundamentals.

seriously, this game went from good (bc2) to call of duty battlefield edition (this game). all you have to do to win is sit in a corner with prone and a m249 saw and shoot people in the big toe for an instant kill. yep. when they said "we're gonna beat cod in sales" i thought they meant make a better game, not a clone.

umm... no disrespect but your wrong, M249 sux ass anyways and you would have to be stupid to not look around b4 sprinting out into the poen or running into a room and check areas a guy could be camping, (which not many people do) and i see a lot of diference between BF3 and CoD. nope. i do give you the fact that some people do camp, but think about it, Battlefield is the most realistic warfare simulation game on the market that i know of, an do you know what happens on a real battlefield? soldiers tend to shoot from cover or lure enem's into a killzone time to time. but there are ways to counter attacks from campers, firstly there is usually more than one way into the place he/she is camping, so take him/her out from behind (giggidy!) secondly, there is rushing him/her or lastly blowing a hole in the wall behind him/her.

learn from this and take notice that this the best shooter this year and probably till the next Battlefield game is released.

please stop comparing games to real life. its the most annoying argument about any franchise ever

Closed due to arguments and bickering. Enough is enough.

- Vagrant0