Xbox 360 Controller-Capable CONFIRMED.

Stormcrown

I would like to ask: is it possible to add a playstation controller to a PC? I have no intention of starting a xbox vs ps3 war here, I personally just happen to be more comfertable with a PS3 controller from those times I've been playing by my friends house...

Or if there is some other alternative. It's the linup of the left side of the xbox controller that I happen to be annoyed with.

If you have the latest Motioninjoy drivers and utility, you can set the computer to recognize your Dualshock as an Xbox 360 controller, then you should be able to play Skyrim like that perfectly.

I would like to ask: is it possible to add a playstation controller to a PC? I have no intention of starting a xbox vs ps3 war here, I personally just happen to be more comfertable with a PS3 controller from those times I've been playing by my friends house...

Or if there is some other alternative. It's the linup of the left side of the xbox controller that I happen to be annoyed with.

If you have the latest Motioninjoy drivers and utility, you can set the computer to recognize your Dualshock as an Xbox 360 controller, then you should be able to play Skyrim like that perfectly.

You just made a friend of mine very happy :thumbsup:

I'll quote this in my first post.

Not a problem...Just saw someone else link the source on an IGN board and decided to share it with my good buddies at the nexus ^_^

I was really curious myself as well, It sounds like the controls MIGHT be better on the controller, depending...

I hope it will be sensitive to thumbsticks though and allow a varied running speed depending on how much you press the stick down rather than just run or walk. When sneaking I like to be able to have a bit of a trot rather than "slow as hell" or "full sprint".

I'm really concerned about this too. It'll really affect the gameplay for thief like characters if the speed isn't varied with how much your are pressing on the thumbsticks. That and I can't imagine attempting to look around/aim with the right thumbstick if every time I touched it the movement was at full speed...

If the movement speed isn't varied for the thumb sticks then I just don't see how it would be feasible to play the game with a controller...

Edited by Aldur80

I hope it will be sensitive to thumbsticks though and allow a varied running speed depending on how much you press the stick down rather than just run or walk. When sneaking I like to be able to have a bit of a trot rather than "slow as hell" or "full sprint".

I'm really concerned about this too. It'll really affect the gameplay for thief like characters if the speed isn't varied with how much your are pressing on the thumbsticks. That and I can't imagine attempting to look around/aim with the right thumbstick if every time I touched it the movement was at full speed...

If the movement speed isn't varied for the thumb sticks then I just don't see how it would be feasible to play the game with a controller...

Is that how it was in FO3? I recall hearing that that game had better controller support than Oblivion, but I never tried it with a controller.

F3 had full 360 remote support .. oblivion didn't .. skyrim does too .. that means you will have the exact same controls on the PC as the 360 so long as you own a 360 remote .. thats what 360 remote means .. that include pressure control on thumbsticks

I want to play Skyrim on my PC but since it seems really nice to play it on the xbox, with the controller and all, although it is made for the xbox in the first place, which can make the gaming experience better in a way. I'm worrying my PC won't be able to handle it on enjoyable settings. I still don't know if I'll buy both versions, to be honest. It's tempting.

Pete Hines Via Twitter:

controller is supported. I don't actually remember on the rumble. Sorry. (This means Pc)

Not even gonna look. PC specs are coming in a few weeks. Min and recommended. Wait for those.

I also read that this has been worked on for both systems as has been said before. If my memory serves me correctly they started on the pc (Not Xbox) then moved over to the box for some reason. So if you want to get technical you could say it is a Pc port or call it a frankenstein because they have to get it working and work on it across all the different platforms. Personally I don't think it is going to matter like back in the days of oblivion. Oblivion ran like crap on all the platforms but they have gotten better because fallout 3 was much better all the way across.

As for me I'll be Skyriming it up on my pc with a wireless 360 controller on max settings :devil:

Pete confirmed this a couple weeks ago, I dug it out of twitter a few days ago. So there is another source :dance: !