Vile Lair

MidbossVyers

I tried there, but I kept getting this: https://orders.bethsoft.com/dlc/

You attempted to reach orders.bethsoft.com, but instead you actually reached a server identifying itself as insiders.bethsoft.com. This may be caused by a misconfiguration on the server or by something more serious. An attacker on your network could be trying to get you to visit a fake (and potentially harmful) version of orders.bethsoft.com. You should not proceed.

When I proceeded anyway, I got this:

Not Found

The requested URL /dlc/ was not found on this server.

Did I, and by extension you who suggested it, make something worse?

Edited by MidbossVyers

When I do get it somehow, I have to ask, does the Raiment of the Crimson Scar come with a hood or should I just use the normal Shrouded Hood?

There's no hood with it(the Raiment is in a cabinet in the bedroom by the coffin bed, I think it appears when the full upgrade set is bought and the quest done). But I believe it's leveled to whenever you installed the mod, I know the dagger is.

I also need to note that the merchant who sells the upgrades has 2000 gold for trade purposes(and as he sells home upgrades, raising his disposition is very easy just by buying them all) and is open more hours than other merchants as he never sleeps, he only takes 2 meal breaks, making him an ideal merchant to sell goods to. He won't buy anything under the potion/alchemy tab though and won't buy illuminate staffs but is good for unloading any weapons or armors worth a lot.

Bethsoft really dropped the ball with the DLCs. The only legal ways to get them any more are through steam - as a package with their deluxe Oblivion that includes everything. But they don't sell just the DLCs. :wallbash: - or to buy the Knights of the Nine DVD that includes all except Battlehorn Castle for US$25

Also, when you search Steam for Oblivion DLC, instead of Oblivion it actually shows Fallout3 DLCs :rolleyes:

KOTN retail has everything but Fighter's Stronghold on it so you'll have to track that down separate.

In a way, I hate the model of not selling DLC or other content like that after so much time. It's almost encouraging piracy if you can't legally get it somehow. I can understand horse armor not selling well(though it does keep your horse alive much longer, it wasn't really useful beyond that and once your speed and athletics get so high, a horse is slower) but pulling everything just seems pointless. I knwo you can still get it in bundle sbut re-buyig what you already have isn't a welcome sales model.