rage modding

NetDigger

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Rage... hrmmm

Having been totally absorbed in Fallout 3 and New Vegas, I bought Rage the second that I heard it was another post apocalyptic by Bethesda.

The good news: The graphics and animation are great, the NPC's have good sandboxes, and they finally supplied a vehicle in all of that technology.

The bad news: id, the creators of Rage, decided that players had hours to wait through loading screens and dialogues, the HD graphics load on a "need to see" basis and mess with your mind every time you turn around, the game forces you through the plot by giving you no options, and then its over ~ poof ~ I was surprised to find that several quests into the second major city, I had defeated the Authority and awakened everyone in all of the arcs quite accidentally. It took a twenty minute run through a mediocre complex that was easier than every previous one.

Without mods, Rage is a major let down. It has many, many unopening doors, no companions, no place to explore, no player choices (moral or otherwise), and the player never changes clothes or sleeps. You get an armor upgrade, but you can't actually see the character except in the inventory representation, and you have unlimited carrying capacity except for maximum ammo (that I reached once on one weapon).

Rage is screaming for help.

We need new body textures and outfits, followers or companions, tons of findable in-city establishments to give purpose to all of the doors, and many, many more places to go and things to do.

Mod, people, mod... Rage is counting on you.

Edited by HolidayFriday

• 1 month later...