ℹ️ Download History temporarily unavailable ×

Steve Jobs dead at 56

marharth

Owned a 24" Imac once ... then committed sacrilege and installed windows on it ... have an Ipod used it once ... nevertheless, Steve Jobs is an awesome role model of someone who just wouldn't stay down.

As a business person he was an icon.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The declaration of a Steve Jobs day just boggles me. His achievements are respected but this media attention is not quite justifiable.

You know, Steve's best achevement was that he sucked people into buying Apple products, even after his death. I'm sad that he had to die so soon but this is just ridiculous. A Nobel prize winner died just before he found out for his reseach into cancer and we aren't crying or marking days for him? It's just sad

Edited by brokenergy

Steve Jobs biggest achievement was helping found apple and building the entire worlds home computer industry.

Maybe people have forgotten, but Microsoft was built off of apple.

I find it sad he is remembered for the icrap.

No one is saying that Steve didn't do anything productive but that people are being melodramatic over one person. He reinvented the wheel not created it, there's a difference.

I posted this on another forum and you'd think I'd insulted Mother Teresa.

Its likely you wouldn't be on a computer right now if Steve Jobs never existed. He was a big deal.

Apple took other peoples ideas and made them more desirable and user friendly, they've invented very little and to suggest there wouldn't be home PCs without Apple is ridiculous. It's also worth mentioning that Microsoft didn't copy Apple, both of them copied Xerox.