Occupy Wall Street

SilverDNA

THAT'S IT!!!!! THAT is what they remind me of. Thank you, that is one of the most accurate statements I have read today. :D Hit the nail right on the head.

if the corporations are the Feringi then the protesters remind me of the The Catullans a.k.a. Space Hippies on their way to Eden..... :whistling: With a similar chance of successful outcome.

If i got it right you are complaining that the Catullans occupy Wall Street New Age Hippies are protesting against Ferengi Corporations that stick Latinum into body orifice of Romulan politicians, because it isn't a Klingon civilian spanking to get out all that Latinum of the Ferengi corporations ..instead of the corrupt Romulan politicians... is that right ?

:teehee:

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big news story here today on the Occupy Wall Street protests. Whose behind it all - who is to blame?

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Aristotle

Though it be directed at my country , it is good to laugh at one's own expense. Thank you for posting this.

Edited by Harbringe

I found a rather interesting argument against the Occupy Wall Street movement yesterday;-

Occupied by Government

Rather seems to agree with a number of posts arguing for the misguidedness and futility of OWS, by saying that what they are asking for is not based on any kind of viable alternate economic plan.

I found a rather interesting argument against the Occupy Wall Street movement yesterday;-

Occupied by Government

Rather seems to agree with a number of posts arguing for the misguidedness and futility of OWS, by saying that what they are asking for is not based on any kind of viable alternate economic plan.

An interesting article, but, he made an assertion there that I vehemently disagree with:

If you want a high standard of living, you need free trade.

How so? Does outsourcing american jobs, which is mostly what free trade is all about...... raise the standard of living here? Sure doesn't look that way from where I am sitting.

THAT'S IT!!!!! THAT is what they remind me of. Thank you, that is one of the most accurate statements I have read today. :D Hit the nail right on the head.

if the corporations are the Feringi then the protesters remind me of the The Catullans a.k.a. Space Hippies on their way to Eden..... :whistling: With a similar chance of successful outcome.

Give a choice of possibly fruitless protests or sitting around wailing and wringing one's hands, I'd rather take the chance on something that may not work.

Also the points mentioned in that article are not supported by everyone in the protests.

But that just lends colour to the argument that they are rebels who don't really know what their cause is. In other words, something of a rent a mob.

Also the points mentioned in that article are not supported by everyone in the protests.

But that just lends colour to the argument that they are rebels who don't really know what their cause is. In other words, something of a rent a mob.

I tend to agree this seems to be this generations Woodstock, we have an export version in Philadelphia not down at the Stock Exchange but encamped at City Hall.

Hold the phone a minute folks. There seems to be a great deal of talk about this group not really knowing what their cause is. I have been reading about this movement on the internet. I do not have any difficulty understanding it's cause. Granted, the protest has grown in leaps and bounds. There are many splinter groups springing up all over which by their very nature will attract some who just want to come out and "protest".

As a rule of thumb in any situation of this sort you will find that the attention is drawn to those who make the most noise or are the most "laughable". We all know how the media likes a good laugh or a "good story". I don't care if you call it the liberal media or the conservative media. It is just the way it is.

However, anything serious that I have read about the initial purpose of this protest has suggested to me that people are frustrated with the fact that banks and Wall Street traders in particular seem to have forgotten about "the little guy". Obviously that is a gross over simplification. We hear talk all the time about "corporate greed". Some tend to belittle the phrase. But there are a whole lot of people out there who apparently believe that it exists. Those are the people who you now see out there protesting. Maybe they are not well organized. Maybe, they are not especially articulate as individuals. But they seem to want to have a voice.

Naturally many of you disagree with this cause or even that the phenomena of corporate greed exists. That is your prerogitive. However, I just wanted to clarify that there was in fact an underlying reason for those protesters to be there.

Throughout history, most groups of people who have gotten together (including our own revolutionaries) started out with a thought, and it just sort of grew into a plan. Some protested, some got together secretly and wrote phamplets. Some were extremely well organized and some were not. Doesn't really matter. They all have the right to express themselves, at least in this country. And any and all of us may agree or disagree.