Advice about skyrim xD pls

lextanium

Well...I have and am currently playing new vegas. I've always wanted to play oblivion but heck I haven't even finish new vegas yet. Then Skyrim is about to come out..I don't know if I should get oblivion and play or just wait til skyrim comes out O.o;; u kno? Or should I wait til skyrim's price go down? I've seen and read the features of skyrim and it's realllllly good. But I also don't wna just throw my money around if I'm not gna play the game often (like oblivion if skyrim absorbs me with temptation). >.< =) Respectful advice are welcomed. Edited by lextanium

Unless you can play 10 hrs a day you will have a hard time accomplishing even 50% of the content in Oblivion in the 5 weeks before Skyrim comes out... especially if you start downloading mods.... It's totally worth picking up at current prices, but I don't think the avg person would have the time to play it sufficiently before 11-11-11. Of course, you could just wait and get Skyrim a month or so after release and save yourself $10 or so.

oblivion might feel pretty dated after playing NV .. I would advise anyone to play morrowind and oblivion but if your not even sure of skyrim yet then I would hate to see you play oblivion and be turned off by the idea of playing it's sequel "even if its obvious it will be much better"

so I guess my advise is to play oblivion .. but get it used

I think it'd be better to just save up for Skyrim, because Oblivion won't keep your attention as long if you're just going to move onto Skyrim. Oblivion pales in comparison to Skyrim, once you get it, Oblivion will gather dust. What kept my attention with Oblivion for so long was the fact that it was so moddable, though that was because it was a 5-6 year old game. And now with a new and improved version, it's likely that you'd drop Oblivion and never play it again. It'd be a waste of money, I think you're better off using the money you would've paid for Oblivion and saving up for Skyrim.

:) dang you guys reply fast thank you. And ya'll have a point, and heck 10 bucks off still helps. I was also thinking since we got mod gods here in nexus, by the time I can buy skyrim, the bugs would prbly be mended out a bit and I'll have a more vast selection of kewl mods. @InuyashaFE I kno right, I think it's interesting that because oblivion got so modded up, to me it seems like cosmetic wise it's better than New Vegas. heck the face mods alone looks more realistic O.o what are you guys gna do if you don't mind me asking

Don't worry. If you like New Vegas (and you like medieval fantasy stuff) you will DEFINITELY love Skyrim. The Elder Scrolls series in my opinion has MUCH more to do than the Fallout games. You could probably double your time spent playing New Vegas in Skyrim. There's just so much to do. Oblivion was amazing too. I got it near it's release for the Xbox 360 and I STILL find enjoyment in it. Yes people, the XBOX 360! Even without all the awesome mods, I still love Oblivion for the 360.

One of the things I thought about recently... what if they made Fallout 4 using the new engine Bethesda made for Skyrim. Imagine how awesome it would look! That's just an off-topic side note though :whistling: