Multi-Player in the Elder Scrolls

stars2heaven

Multi-Player in the Elder Scrolls  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Should Bethesda make future Elderscrolls game multi-player?

• Yes
    • No
    • There should atleast be some sort of option

Stamping feet, jumping up and down and turning blue (and at my age, trust me, this is NOT a pretty sight!!!) No, no, no, no, absolutely not. (brushes, self off and stalks off majestically.....)

Please send Pictures of that state ..... :biggrin: Smurfette was one of my favourite characters of the smurfs and I like good cosplays

I have to agree with every No here !

Reason :

there are already too many on line games out there and elder-scrolls games are best experienced alone and then the experiences shared with many.

A similar thing is each one that uses mods makes the game individual and unique for each user, so this alone would be near to impossible to archive at the moment for an on line game to have all oblivion mods ready that can be used to have that unique game experience aside from the conflicts that would be caused . (see bben46's post above)

My personal opinion is i like my game individual set up to my tastes and that is the big strength against on line games that have only vanilla setup's, tons of items that cost too much money and too much time to get. I like also the passionate individuals that are like minded and provide such wonderful mods and hereby thank all moders here on Nexus helping me to make my game's an individual and unique experience for me.

Edited by SilverDNA

Nope. One of the reasons I love the Elder Scrolls so much is because it is one of the few games that has yet to be corrupted by multiplayer. :P

I'm a lone wolf. I love playing by myself. If I don't have that option, I don't buy the game.

Edited by AurianaValoria1

I guess I'm the only one who still believes in multiplayer in Oblivion. And about it being unmoddable, well if a group of people had the same mods, they would work. For instance, there would be a game called "FCOM Players" and ppl with FCOM would just use FCOM and other mods listed and turn off all other mods. Even then, I would love to do Oblivion (or Skyrim) online just vanilla because it would be great to do something as simple as duking it out online and that would not affect single player. when I spend all this time makin a char in the damn race selection it would be nice to actually show em off in real time combat. As for the MMO, hope it's good if it comes out.

I don't even use companions...... (unless forced by the particular quest to bring along some baggage.) I am not a fan of MMO's, although, I could see a TES-based game (not one that is already released, a NEW game) with the capability for a couple other live players.....

There was a really good comic for why Morrowind wouldn't make a good multiplayer. I wish I could find it again.

I voted no because the game (Oblivion or Skyrim) would have to be redesigned from the ground up to maintain balance. By doing this it would completely kill-off the feel that it offers now.

I voted no on this one, and that is a very odd thing for me to do. You see, I love multiplayer. Most games I buy have it. I love my Halo CE, I love L4D 1 and 2, and so forth. If this was a Fallout thing, I'd be all for it. But Elder Scrolls doesn't feel like an MMO to me. Even with co-op, to me it would feel odd. When I play either of the Elder Scroll games that I have, I think it'd be distracting to see a horde of players jumping about and spinning in the air like I saw so often when I played WoW. It feels like a game where you should be alone. Your quest is yours and yours alone. I don't know if I'm explaining it well at all, I'm quite tired. :P But hey, it's just how I feel about it.