Immersion...

Goliath978

From what we're seeing I'm thinking on the surface Bethesda is accommodating for newbies and making stuff accessible and easy, but underlying there's a lot of stuff for the more hardcore RPing and immersion wanting community.

I used to hate HC roleplaying so I can understand why Beth would hold back for casual gamers who'll only spend 100 or so HRS.

Mods should do the trick though(hopefully not as buggy as oblivion's mod system).

I could easily spend those 300hrs in Skyrim, it's just with being in college and working on the weekends it's would be hard to do so and find time. But that's why we have breaks :thumbsup:

It's good that Bethesda is making it for all players basically, being able to play 100hrs (more potential players), but then again if you get Skyrim you might as well take advantage of what it fully has to offer. There's no time limit on when the game should be beat, even casual gamers can play those 300hrs if they wanted to (it would just take longer).

It's something that Pokemon does so successfully. Pokemon games are easy and fun enough for a little kid to enjoy, but they are also complex enough for the hardcore to really get into the stats, moves, etc. This is a very successful gameplay strategy that many more games should adopt to not only be financially successful, but altogether more fun. It's good to see Bethesda has implemented this into Skyrim.

It's something that Pokemon does so successfully. Pokemon games are easy and fun enough for a little kid to enjoy, but they are also complex enough for the hardcore to really get into the stats, moves, etc. This is a very successful gameplay strategy that many more games should adopt to not only be financially successful, but altogether more fun. It's good to see Bethesda has implemented this into Skyrim.

Did you just...bring up Pokemon in a thread about immersion? :laugh: Haha. So not an immersive world, it's not trying to be really...it's a kid's game, fun I agree, but definitely not an immersive world in my opinion...and as far as depth, there is some, but I don't think it's as "deep" as it is just tactical... if that makes sense.

Skyrim will be deathly immersing... but in all honesty I will probably not play the whole way through on my first run. Give a go for a thief... then a warrior... then a mage. And in the 4th playthrough I will beat everything as my favorite skills in each. :)

"From what we're seeing I'm thinking on the surface Bethesda is accommodating for newbies and making stuff accessible and easy, but underlying there's a lot of stuff for the more hardcore RPing and immersion wanting community."

That's what I was relating Pokemon to. Skyrim will be accommodating for newbies (or in Pokemon's case, accommodating for kids) but at the same time, there will be a lot of hardcore stats to go into the game for more hardcore players (just like Pokemon). Although this thread's title is certainly about immersion, the author's first comment is definitely not.