Will my laptop run Skyrim.

kIRAQ

Hello , Well i saw the system requirment and it look like my laptop can run it , But! allways when it comes to Systemrequirment the Laptop vs Standard PC is Diffrent so i wanted to ask you guys if i will run skyrim smooth whit those laptop spec

Graphic Card: Radeon HD 5470 (512mb)

Ram: 4GB ddr3

Processor: intel i3 M 330 @ 2.13GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.1GHz

And my laptop screen is LED 16:9 HD screen 1366x768 if that even make sense (sorry im kinda noobish)

and once again im sorry if i did some sort of mistake postin this , my first post on this forum would be glad if someone helped ;)

You should really post this question here

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/388498-the-thread-of-computers-aka-will-my-computer-run-skyrim/

intsead of making new topics.

Just saying....... :armscrossed:

EDIT: to answer your question tho your system specs seem ok (as far as Ram and processor speed) but i'd say you coud do with a far better graphics card for sure. A Radeon HD 6750 at the very least. however i dont know how easy it is to change graphics cards in laptops.

Btw.. Welcom to the Nexus do pardon the first part of my post, I should have read it before posting.

Edited by MizerD

For all practical purposes it is not an option to change a laptop video card. Oftentimes they are soldered directly to the motherboard and even when they are not it's often hard to find parts, there are very few options that actually fit and they are ridiculously expensive. Even when it is possible to upgrade one, it's a chore for a qualified PC technician to do that job and allot of us refuse to do it as the amount of time is not worth the cost.

With all that said, your laptop should play the game, just how low the settings and/or resolution will need to be we just don't know yet. Hopefully they will release system requirements in the near future...

Overclocking is a free and easy upgrade for most, significant increases performance is the result.

Your graphics chipset, RAM and CPU are pretty decent especially for 1366x768 resolution: should be good for some decent fps on higher settings, you may have to turn off shadows, grasses etc to get more fluid game-play though in demanding outdoor settings. Turn it up once inside though. :thumbsup:

Overclocking is a free and easy upgrade for most, significant increases performance is the result.

Your graphics chipset, RAM and CPU are pretty decent especially for 1366x768 resolution: should be good for some decent fps on higher settings, you may have to turn off shadows, grasses etc to get more fluid game-play though in demanding outdoor settings. Turn it up once inside though. :thumbsup:

Overclocking will burn that laptop's videocard faster than when you aim a flamethrower at it. If it's not neccesary, don't do it.

Truehighlander notebooks is realy risky to overclock ;(

consider searching in the hardware forum (not game related) ----- an inexperienced overclocker managed to fry one of his quad cores.

obviously overclocking should not be your first option unless you are prepared to replace your hardware.

Until the game has been out for a week or two, there is really no way to know. Any answer right now is just a guess. My own guess - if it runs most current games at a decent FPS, it will probably at least run Skyrim. But again that is just a guess.

• 3 weeks later...

Overclocking will burn that laptop's videocard faster than when you aim a flamethrower at it. If it's not neccesary, don't do it.

Note to the op. DO NOT TRY THIS IF YOU ARE NOT FAMILIAR WITH THE TECHNICAL SIDE OF COMPUTERS

Not if you know what you're doing. With modern air cooling laptops aren't as bad as they were say 3-4 years ago. I Would not try to do a CPU and with the GPU crank it up slowly. Look at the GTX 570m in this laptop, the stock core is around 525 mhz, I have it at 700. The shader clock is 1400 and the memory is 1800. I am using a MSI GT780DX with 16gb of 1866 ddr3 and a i72630QM. I won't mess with the cpu but using an overclock tool like the MSI afterburner I slowly cranked the speed up till under load, after 25-30 minutes the GPU temp was around 70C (room temp is around 35C). If it is under 80C you wont have too many issues, cooler is prefered. I use the Kombuster to messure fps and if the gain in fps isnt much but the gain in heat is, I back it up to where its worth it. Now when I am in a hotter area (say 40c like last week) I would drop it to 600mhz, 1200mhz, and 1800 (core,shader,memory).

As for your card, I do not know if there is firmware that disables overclocking on it. I would download MSI AFTERBURNER and see what your card is running at (both speed and temp). MSG me the information and I'll help you if it is possible. It would also help to know what make and model the laptop is so I can see the cooling setup (1 fan+1vent, 2fan 2 vent, 1fan 2vent, ect)

I would ask what the speed of your ram is because it does help the cpu.

It shouldn't have too much issues with skyrim on its lowest or middle settings but until the game comes out we won't know.

Edited by Shroudedasylum