type of skyrim sword

dapdelval

its pretty much about what type of sword is skyrims teel sword (the one that appears in the trailer)

it could be an european broadsword but the blade part right above the crossguard its "crooked" or "wavy looking", the handle is hand and a half long not single handed and the pomel is not circular so my other guess is a kind of broad viking sword because it says its a nordic weapon... so before i get into more details ill let you share your opinion of what kind of sword is the steel sword from skyrim looks like

I'd hope there is some type of Rapier like weapons because they were effective for finding small gaps in an opponents armour and i like that kind of play style. where i wait for the opponent to strike and then deliver a devastating counter :D

I'd hope there is some type of Rapier like weapons because they were effective for finding small gaps in an opponents armour and i like that kind of play style. where i wait for the opponent to strike and then deliver a devastating counter :D

im sorry but i dought a lot that there would be rapier swords if much there would be a crusader sword although its not as thin as rapier sword remember its skyrim the land of the nords

but personally i dont like that much rapiers i like hand and a half swords or something like that but i still think the rapier is very cool for the little unprotected parts of the armor where you can strike

looks like a combination of a bastard sword and a nordic sword to me... although it's abit broader from hilt to tip and not tapered as much - it would appear to be designed by slashing and chopping at the enemy more than thrusting.

looks like a combination of a bastard sword and a nordic sword to me... although it's abit broader from hilt to tip and not tapered as much - it would appear to be designed by slashing and chopping at the enemy more than thrusting.

very good guess i agree with you it could be a "broad-nordic-bastard-sword " but then again the bastard sword is usually larger in the handle it would be more like a hand and a half

so another guess would be a "broad-nordic hand and a half- sword" since the point of the sword is angled down not straight down, but anyway

i gues it would be more for cutting, not chopping that much because it seems that the center of the sword to the pomel is heavier that the center of the sword to the tip so i would go for cutting.

a Scimitar would be more of a chopping weapon right?

sure it looks like it but is a bit to fantasy looking but i bet there will be although almost all weapons seem a lot like fantasy unlike oblivions(atleast from level 1 - 12 that is)

but one thing that bugs me is that skyrim looks more primitive hat oblivion and its supposed to be 200 years of diference i just dont get that

sure it looks like it but is a bit to fantasy looking but i bet there will be although almost all weapons seem a lot like fantasy unlike oblivions(atleast from level 1 - 12 that is)

but one thing that bugs me is that skyrim looks more primitive hat oblivion and its supposed to be 200 years of diference i just dont get that

I think they were going for a viking type feel and the stereotypical viking looks pretty rough and primitive.

Cyrodil might just be farther ahead than Skyrim by technology standards also.