Any advice?

BuckeyeTiba

I am doing some pre-planning for Skyrim for fun and I am looking at some skills I want to focus on. Although Skyrim won't have skill selection at the beginning like Oblivion, I still want to focus on about 7 skills like the last game. Is that too many or too little?

Also, right now I am thinking about: Light armor, destruction, restoration, illusion, conjuration, stealth, and enchanting. I may or may not go with enchanting depending on where the armor bonus perk is located in the skill tree (very late, or early). But if I opt out of going for enchanting, what skill should I go for?

Although I never tried alteration in Oblivion, I still don't really like how it sounds. Is there anything good about alteration that will make it worth it?

If alteration isn't too good, what other skill should I go for? I am thinking about taking more advantage of my stealth skill so I might either go for blade (for stealthy x15 damage dagger kills), lockpicking, or pickpocket.

"The School of Alteration involves the manipulation of the physical world and its natural properties. This skill makes it easier to cast spells like Waterbreathing, magical protection, and Paralysis."

Alteration includes the spell Telekinesis - which hopefully will be awesome like the gravity gun in Half-Life 2... maybe we'll be able to grab enemies and objects and hurl them. If so, I'm so going to use it a TON. :D

Edited by natelovesyou

If Alteration still has Feather, than I am definitely using it again. Feather didn't increase your speed but it decreased your decrease in speed due to encumbrance as well as allowing you to carry more. Alteration may also have the unlock spell, but lock-picking was easy enough.

You should get at least One-handed, if you go up against a magic resistant enemy you'll need a "side-arm" so to speak.

(And "Stealth" is sneak for future reference.)

Telekinesis does sound pretty cool, but I might just go for one-handed. I was leaning towards that anyways, but I also want to be great at lockpicking because I plan to farm dungeons A LOT in Skyrim. But if the lockpicking system is the same as FO3, than it shouldn't be too hard to pick the locks.

I'm forgetting that even in Oblivion you could launch people with telekinesis, I just didn't get into it much because it was done poorly. That can be said for a lot of things in that game, but that's not important. :P If it feels like it did in HL2 or perhaps if there's a "Push" spell like in Mass Effect, I'm all about it.

I'm forgetting that even in Oblivion you could launch people with telekinesis, I just didn't get into it much because it was done poorly. That can be said for a lot of things in that game, but that's not important. :P If it feels like it did in HL2 or perhaps if there's a "Push" spell like in Mass Effect, I'm all about it.

Ya the animations were just horrendous in Oblivion...

Whether or not there is a spell or perk under alteration/telikinesis that allows one to push enemies away, there is a confirmed Dragon Shout that enables the player to do just that.... and you don't have to level up your Alteration to use it either. :)

Whether or not there is a spell or perk under alteration/telikinesis that allows one to push enemies away, there is a confirmed Dragon Shout that enables the player to do just that.... and you don't have to level up your Alteration to use it either. :)

Mind giving me a link to see that? I don't think I've heard of that dragon shout...

Mind giving me a link to see that? I don't think I've heard of that dragon shout...

1:12