Wow.....can you believe this...

TroloWiseEared

Still though...THIS IS PRETTY ADVANCED. and this was 2006 =O

I remember seeing that a while ago. I wonder what happened to it, it looked like it was going to be really good. Even now it still surpasses a lot of stuff.

Isnt the OP video just a Crysis 1 map with an optimisation mod and a texture upgrade? I had those on my version of crysis. I dont think it looked quite that good but it wasnt far off, bearing in mind that Crysis had bigger maps, AI and more physical objects to deal with in the actual game. So its something that PCs can handle now never mind later.

I remember seeing that a while ago. I wonder what happened to it, it looked like it was going to be really good. Even now it still surpasses a lot of stuff.

Isnt the OP video just a Crysis 1 map with an optimisation mod and a texture upgrade? I had those on my version of crysis. I dont think it looked quite that good but it wasnt far off, bearing in mind that Crysis had bigger maps, AI and more physical objects to deal with in the actual game. So its something that PCs can handle now never mind later.

Project Offset was a first person shooter set in a fantasy world, rendered in entirely cinematic quality.

Unfortunately The plug was pulled on it for unknown reasons and the technology was re-applied to future games.

Most likely we will see a reamergence of it during next Gen colsoles (2012-2013)

keep in mind....this was from 2006, and when the video was released everyone was CONVINCED that this was the elder scrolls 5....or is it 4....im such a nub :rolleyes:

Still sucks compared to

I saw that at first and was amazed, but then I checked the reality of the situation. That is not even feasible for Bill Gates to afford at this point. And That is before accounting for the animation of things made like that. So I can't call that unlimited details video a demo of an engine. It is a very pretty still photo.

if you understood the limitations of the tech you wouldnt say that.. there is a reason point cloud data isnt used in real time and that is because there is no way to control specular values,transparancy,distortion,bone rigging and many many more things .. plus the models would take up multiple blueray disks .. its years and years away from being possible

i dont know about years and years. computer technology advances so quickly.

Still sucks compared to

I saw that at first and was amazed, but then I checked the reality of the situation. That is not even feasible for Bill Gates to afford at this point. And That is before accounting for the animation of things made like that. So I can't call that unlimited details video a demo of an engine. It is a very pretty still photo.

like this animation...

and bill gates is 1 man... his company is worth much more in assets than he is. (I say his company because he still owns most of it)

Edited by Odai

It was an indy development. Was bought by intel. Then intel dissolved the studio. :facepalm:

I am guessing it's just another casualty of the financial crisis and the big wigs at the big table on the top floor of the big building, just didn't see investing more money into something that has seen no profit or has no net worth. So they closed it.