New article about ES:6!!!

ModHoward

I try my worst!

Your worst is very good. :biggrin:

Bethesda do tend to be a little touchy about their shortcomings. I was given a temporary ban over there for poking fun at Oblivions dumbing down, I can't remember exactly what I said but it involved training wheels and lobotomies.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only bad thing I have to say about Bethesda is they really are shoving the ACTION! ACTION! ACTION! thing down peoples throats and while I can dig that Elder Scrolls is a role playing game not a first person shooter.

Obviously I don't have the game in hand so I cannot guarantee what I'm about to say, but based upon what information has been released, Skyrim contains more "non-ACTION!" content then any of the previous TES games. Cooking, Farming, Woodcutting, Hunting (in a more practical sense) are all vastly expanded upon. I wouldn't be surprised if they manage to put quite a few quests that don't require much combat (they have existed in every game so far).

I think you're a bit confused simply because this game isn't out yet. All the content you "see" in previews generally consist of someone fighting things. It is the same reason you see mostly battle scenes in the Lord of the Rings trailers.

In fact, the ability for you to "Role-Play" should be increased in every way. The entire way you build your character, your reputation, etc... is purely based on your actions now as opposed to pre-determined decisions you make once when you generate your toon. I don't see how that is anything except "MORE" roleplaying. But maybe I'm confused? I'm pretty sure the term roleplaying has nothing to do with putting +5 in Agility...

Sounds like you're just trying to insult my intelligence. I understand the definition of role-playing and I never said that aspect was nonexistent. I have been following the game since it was first announced and am aware of the features such as professions, skill perks, and factions. I am not saying you can't role-play your character I am saying Bethesda has this mindset of,"Oh, yeah you can cook. Also DID I MENTION YOU CAN CUT A DUDES HEAD OFF!". It is no secret they are targeting the modern console gamer and I am just pointing it out as obvious as it may already be. Lastly it isn't about some superficial +10 "whatthef*#@ever" stat it is about depth of gameplay. The idea of layers of complexity that define your character and the experience. If that complexity is still intact then so be it but health, magicka, and stamina is not a substitute for attributes that affect various game play elements retaining to character capabilities and effectiveness of skills.

I will also once again state I am not one of those people hating on Skyrim at every turn with some hipster complex. I dearly love Elder Scrolls and am looking forward to Skyrim. It is just one tiny little thing that bothers me that's all.

Edit: I apologize if I sounded like an a**hole. I was just irritated when I posted this because I felt you completely missed my point it is nothing personal.

Edited by NAPALM13092

Great satire, I had a good chuckle. :teehee:

You forgot to mention about the daedra though. Morrowinds daedra were full of awesome, Oblivions not so good but wait, look at the frost atronach in skyrim vids. It's lame as, looks like a rip of Patrick Star off Spongebob Squarepants. :psyduck: I am praying they will scrap that model and remake Morrowind's. :facepalm:

You forgot to mention about the daedra though. Morrowinds daedra were full of awesome, Oblivions not so good but wait, look at the frost atronach in skyrim vids. It's lame as, looks like a rip of Patrick Star off Spongebob Squarepants. :psyduck: I am praying they will scrap that model and remake Morrowind's. :facepalm:

So I'm guessing I'm the only one who actually LIKES the Frost Atronach in Skyrim as opposed to Morrowind?

So I'm guessing I'm the only one who actually LIKES the Frost Atronach in Skyrim as opposed to Morrowind?

I don't know but I am hoping that a modder will fix the skyrim one :ohdear:

I love how so many of you get offended by this like he just insulted your mother. People you meet on the interwebs may have different opinions than you. Shocking, I know, but you should accept it.

The "article" was hilarious. I loved Morrowind and Oblivion and I'm sure I'll love Skyrim too but they all had their flaws. If anything Bethesda probably closed topic to avoid in incoming flamefest from insulted fans.

this. I also think that they have an idea somewhere in their heads that it would hurt sales.

I am saying Bethesda has this mindset of,"Oh, yeah you can cook. Also DID I MENTION YOU CAN CUT A DUDES HEAD OFF!". It is no secret they are targeting the modern console gamer and I am just pointing it out as obvious as it may already be

I get ya bud, but let's be honest, an RPG without combat (and graphic combat at this stage) is, well, Harvest Moon

<Old Spice ad voice> Do you really want to be playing Harvest Moon?

Do you really want to be playing Harvest Moon?

That's what I thought :yes:

I am saying Bethesda has this mindset of,"Oh, yeah you can cook. Also DID I MENTION YOU CAN CUT A DUDES HEAD OFF!". It is no secret they are targeting the modern console gamer and I am just pointing it out as obvious as it may already be

I get ya bud, but let's be honest, an RPG without combat (and graphic combat at this stage) is, well, Harvest Moon

<Old Spice ad voice> Do you really want to be playing Harvest Moon?

Do you really want to be playing Harvest Moon?

That's what I thought :yes:

I lol'd. If you didn't play the Sims or Harvest Moon and turn your property into a death camp you don't know s*** about videogames.