skyrim the last elder scrolls?

aaroncox

i agree with you guys, but some stupid guy from gamestop said skyrim will be the last game in the elder scrolls because they can't compete with other game companies because it takes them 4 years per game, and all other companies are pushing games out every year or two like fable etc. so bethesda is loosing a lot of money over their huge games.

You have to wonder where they find these people. Single player games made within a limited development time tend to be short, poor and have little replay value. It's those quick buck games that end up being sold on within a week with the developer not seeing a penny of that resale. Make a game of a decent length that has some replay value then less people will sell and more will end up buying new. Todd Howard himself suggested more of less the same thing in an interview, he was asked how Bethesda felt about the issue of second hand games and his answer was "Make better games".

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No they won't do that.. well at least if nobody wouldn't buy skyrim :D;)

But they always have something to make a new TES game. For example THE ELDER SCROLLS VI: THE BLACK MARSH... and every other provinces... then they can do something even bigger.. I think one day they will do make it.. THE ELDER SCROLLS X: THE EMPIRE.. The whole Tamriel in one game and so on

Might not even BE an empire by Elder Scrolls X by the way things are going!

Although, it's interesting to say we have several provinces left. Bearing in mind the provinces as we traditionally know them could extend/retract their borders as political forces wax and wane across the lands. Theoretically the whole map (in terms of political borders, not landscape) could change depending on the outcome of Skyrim or any game in the series. In fact with all this Morrowind/Black Marsh business and the re-emergence of the Thalmor, it may have already. It is possible we could be viewing a different map of Tamriel to the one we currently know, or could very well do in the future.

No they won't do that.. well at least if nobody wouldn't buy skyrim

So what you are saying is that if Skyrim some how magically is a bust (ugh, oh my even typing that makes me sick) then they would make a new Fallout? Myself has never played Fallout but it looks pretty good and from what I hear it was successful. If anything the profit of Skyim would increase the chance of a new Fallout. I understand Fallout is not thee thing of Bethesda but how can you deny Fallout's strengths? A new Fallout would still make profit and still be great. If they don't I won't be fussed and maybe Fallout was some kind of holiday or break that was still productive and required work, a change of scene, but it is a good game... From what I've seen and heard.

Making a new Fallout is equally logical to do and not to and the success of Skyrim would help that project along - I actually have no idea how to finance anything - You're logic that Fallout is in some way some backup plan rather an individual game that does nothing but help Bethesda then your logic insults and confuses me in a disrespectful manor; both you and me being disrespectful.

I wonder if this is ignorant... Arguing for something I know little about...

i agree with you guys, but some stupid guy from gamestop said skyrim will be the last game in the elder scrolls because they can't compete with other game companies because it takes them 4 years per game, and all other companies are pushing games out every year or two like fable etc. so bethesda is loosing a lot of money over their huge games.

Not necessarily true. They have the companies they own, like ID who made Rage and the New Vegas people (can't remember their name off the top of my head). And with jsut Bethesda themselves, it's about 2 and a half years, considering that Fallout 3 came out halfway between oblivion and Skyrim

No they won't do that.. well at least if nobody wouldn't buy skyrim

So what you are saying is that if Skyrim some how magically is a bust (ugh, oh my even typing that makes me sick) then they would make a new Fallout? Myself has never played Fallout but it looks pretty good and from what I hear it was successful. If anything the profit of Skyim would increase the chance of a new Fallout. I understand Fallout is not thee thing of Bethesda but how can you deny Fallout's strengths? A new Fallout would still make profit and still be great. If they don't I won't be fussed and maybe Fallout was some kind of holiday or break that was still productive and required work, a change of scene, but it is a good game... From what I've seen and heard.

Making a new Fallout is equally logical to do and not to and the success of Skyrim would help that project along - I actually have no idea how to finance anything - You're logic that Fallout is in some way some backup plan rather an individual game that does nothing but help Bethesda then your logic insults and confuses me in a disrespectful manor; both you and me being disrespectful.

I wonder if this is ignorant... Arguing for something I know little about...

What the hell are you talking about bro? My post hadn't any connection with fallout and it was just a joke and nothing serious.. Why did you take it so seriously..

Skyrim is a great game and I think it will be the greatest game we have ever played. And it's already my favorite game though I haven't played it yet. So relax bro.