Request for a proofread of a Settlement Mod Guide, please.

What is previsibility? I understand the precombined geometry which from the numbers I looked at was supposed to lessen the load on your computer. What's the mechanism behind interior objects going invisible? The program doesn't know to render it? Any settings that affect that? I had noticed an issue in a mod where an object was invisible depending on where I was, so basically from everyone's explanation, there must have been an occlusion plane "blocking" my view.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Caleb Excellent suggestion, thanks! I will certainly put that into use as well.

@Geno Precombining the geometry just puts the parts together in a psuedo-whole. Precombining the visibility is where it does the calculations to reduce the graphics load, so I understand. It seemed to me that the previs stuff was superfluous with the availability of roombounds and occlusion planes, at least for interiors, until I did a larger "open" interior, where they were not feasible.

An occlusion plane will block *everything* (objects, npc's, terrain, etc) from being rendered behind it.

I use them on the bathroom. =P

(Because a lot of fog in there)

The house itself is supposed to occlude...but I'm not sure I believe it from testing.

Precombine, previs and vis *should* only get broken (and have to be redone now) when an object is moved or disabled. Adding an object *should not* break them anymore, per patch notes.

Edit: I actually seem to have forgotten which one we *don't* do for interiors...vis or previs...

@bla

interior

PreCombine Geometry for Current Cell

Generate PreCombined Visibility for Current Cell

also adding a wb to a int will break the int, good sample is, you clean up the hole place(like i did with the fish thing) summon a wb build stuf to see if you can place everywhere

back into ck build a settlement, start new game go there and boom all placed stuff is invisible, same thing happened before to me when fooling around with the int from usaxx raider place near sanct

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having a problem getting settlers to spawn at the settlement I created. I have a happiness of 0, and have waited several days. I see by reading the earlier posts that it has something to do with the quest that has to be made. But for all appearances, I have done everything that I was supposed to do to get it to work properly.

I've used this tutorial, stuyk's pictorial, and the video tutorial, and haven't come across a solution. It may be because my settlement is not of the ground? It's above Diamond City and needs a loaded door to reach it, but I have the spawn markers set up properly in the settlement, so I don't know.

I've run out of ideas to try

above diamond, your settlement will/have to use the same cell(name) then, also your mapmarker prolly conflict with the 1 from diamond to

the mapmarker should be placed near your (auto) load door/portal, i'm not in this settlement stuf anymore, best to ask if you can give 1 of the (settlement)modders your esp

to check if something is wrong

What I did is turned that "hidden" bar room that's on the roof of the exterior Diamond City cell into a settlement. I had to use a teleport door to get to it, because a stairway wouldn't have been feasible.
I've got the quest written up, created the workshops alias, added the workshopaddlocation script, added my workshops alias to it, and copied the initialization quest, but when I load the settlement, I have 0 happiness.

If anyone can look at the esp to see if I made a mistake, it's here: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21742/?

One thing I noticed is when looking at my quests I made, it says Users 0. So that makes me think nothing is using my quest, so there must be a step I'm missing.

I took some screenshots of the quest I made.
http://imgur.com/a/yvvIb

Edited by Lateraliss

if the cell belong to diamond you can't change it, it prolly f*** up diamond city if you do, wat you can try is make your location diamond city, not sure if diamond also have a encounter zone from itself, the reason it show 0% is prolly that the game don't reconice the location/encounter, because the game think it should be diamond

btw its easy to check, see wat it say under workshops if it say diamond then the settlement will not work, to get it working it should say the name you use

Edited by speedynl

It's not in the interior cell of Diamond City, so I don't think it would affect it at all. 2 of the cells are wilderness cells, and 2 are DiamondCityExt cells. It's actually right next to the big green gate you meet Piper at when you arrive at the entrance, on the roof.

Just to the left is the entrance to Diamond City.

I had a discussion with markymint, who made the video tutorial. He looked though my quest and everything is done correctly, so it's not my mod that is the problem, it must be something preventing the quest from initializing. I guess it will just be for a player home and no settlers.

just a simple question, you say it use 4 cells did you give all those cells the same name as your location ?, also best way to test your esp when you change things and want to try it out is using a save with no info at all from tat esp, like a clean vault exit save

i can't check the esp deleted the game and ck some time ago already, its up to others to look and find bugs

forgot you prolly use a setowned trigger if you do, don't edit the wb script to set it as playerowned it f up the settlement, also your location should point to your mapmarker not to any xmarker, also try to set parent(location) to diamond(city) instead of commonw

Edited by speedynl